She CUT, not trimmed, my hair! (Kinda long)

Wow, I am so sorry...I think I would have had the heebie-jeebies too when she made that comment about your hair being so long
mad.gif
. As has been said before, please don't cut anymore off. It's summer, so it will be growing fast, anyway, and since it grows into a V, it will be back in V-formation before you know it
smile.gif
. If you want a little trim just to even, ok, but please no more. Look at me...acting like it's my hair
lachen70.gif
. It's just so pretty!

Girl you are hi-lar-ri- ous the cutting her part gotta love that NY attitude god I miss that.....But anyway shave that beeeeouch she was dead wrong for that how you gonna cut somebody hair messed up and uneven...I feel you about the uneven part my hair grows in a v shape also and I hate it when someone cuts my hair uneven because you right it doesn't look right to me. Post a picture it may not look as bad or as short as you think
smile.gif
. We might love it yup
wink.gif

Wow!

Okay, first of all take a deep breath.

Next, go back and beat her tail!

Then don't cut it to your shoulders. I agree with Ms. K. Just continue where you are now!

kiss.gif

tell your stylist "Lee can't stand you!"

-lee
mad.gif

That's okay CH, you'll be back in no time and stronger than ever. Just even it up and hold off on more aggressive 'trimming' until you feel better about it. You still have one beautiful head of hair sweetie!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I'm sorry this happened to you, I hate to hear about bad stylist experiences, especially scissor happy ones. Dont cut your hair to shoulder length, girl your hair will be longer than ever before, just give it some time. There's no doubt in my mind that your hair is still gorgeous, so keep your head up girl.
smile.gif

Wow, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I don't think you're being vain at all. This is one of the many reasons I've pretty eliminated stylists from my routine all together. I hope you cussed the b** out.

I would have LOVEEEDDDD to curse her out but i had my daughter with me so all i told her was that i didn't like it, i paid, NO TIP, then i left.

This is why whenever it is time for a cut I stress that I dont want a lot cut off and the stylists always look at me like i am nuts. I tell them that if they cut off more than 1/4 of an inch then i am not paying! But this is only if i have to get it cut at an AA salon or a Dominincan salon. The lady that i prefer to get my hair trimmed by is white. Also, now I only go to people who have a lot of clients with long hair, so basically dominicans adn I prefer that the stylists have long hair too. (Then they are less likely to be haters)
CH, What did this stylist's hair look like?

CH - I'm so sorry to hear that. Thank God your daughter was with you or there's no telling what would have gone down. Shoooooot, we coulda been pooling money for the Get-CH-Out-of-Jail fund right now
laugh.gif

Your hair is gorgeous and it will back, girl. Be encouraged
kiss.gif
but DO NOT cut anymore off right now
nono.gif

@ Lovelylocs - her hair looked nice. Color was pretty, and the length was pretty decent. I was really surprised when she hacked me.

@ missbrown - Good gravy, i would have ripped her a new arsehole. I'm soooo glad my daughter was with me, i would have been locked up for sure.
mad.gif

Don't cut all of your purty hair out of frustration with that wench! It will just take longer to grow back. Just grow it out from where it is now and it will be back before you know it. It probably looks bad to you cuz we are always our own worst critic. She did it on purpose
mad.gif
she is obviously bothered by the fact that once you stopped messing with her your hair got longer and healthier...that isn't saying too much about her skills.

However, I do like that idea of letting those SHS know from the door that if they cut a centimeter more than you asked them to you will not pay! I will be using that one if I ever go back to a hair dresser.

Oh no, CH !!!
kiss.gif
Hon, I'm feeling for you right now cuz situations like this are the main reason why I be having anxiety attacks every time I need a "trim"... unlike you, 3-4 inches would make me a bald headed chic cuz I ain't got much as it is....
mad.gif
I hate SHS biatches!!!.

aside:
You know what, we need to get a tally of members that are pretty good at doing trims/cuts, cuz I swear I'm sick of giving money to beauticians that be drinking haterade every morn'... I would sooo pay one of ya'll to hook a sister up! (i'm not even kiddin'- anyone in NYC please PM me if you got skills)

hmmmm- Westchester Av and Beach you say huh
scratchchin.gif
... I live a few blocks from there, we can go do the damn thang---I got the vaseline, sock filled with rocks, box cutter, the getaway car... I'm sooo ready... shoot I haven't had a good scrap in a while tooo... ooh don't get me started
censored.gif

laugh.gif
@ BlackButterflies - girl im over here
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

Bimbabe - she asked me when she was done if i liked it, all proud of herself and ishh, and i said "no, i DONT" real nasty like. She didn't proceed and neither did I b/c i KNEW that if i would have mentioned that she cut my hair too short she would have said some dumb ishh like, u needed the cut blah blah blah, split ends, blah blah blah then i would have just ***** slapped her @ss into that stupid dirty, long mirror they have in there.

Listen to me. DON'T cut her. You will not be able to get your hair products in prison.
Next, don't cut your hair. Sounds like at least she left you something to work wit. It also sounds like you have nice healthy hair that will recover pretty quick. Pin it up so you don't have to look at it for a while, til you get your strength back up. You'll be ok

[ QUOTE ]
kisz4tj said:
crazy.gif
I'm speechless
shocked.gif

angry2.gif
Ya know I wonder sometimes when you walk into these places if they're jealous or somehow feel that black women shouldn't have length to our hair
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. I really think so. I went to a dominican stylist in november and my hair was longer than all of her customers...(should have gave it away)and she said she would trim me. Mind you at first I told her no. Then she insisted and said she would do it for free.(yet another hint) She cut off about 4 inches! Never ever again will someone cut my hair!!!
mad.gif
I'm sorry it happened to you CH. Don't cut your hair!!

[ QUOTE ]
kisz4tj said:
crazy.gif
I'm speechless
shocked.gif

angry2.gif
Ya know I wonder sometimes when you walk into these places if they're jealous or somehow feel that black women shouldn't have length to our hair
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. I really think so. I went to a dominican stylist in november and my hair was longer than all of her customers...(should have gave it away)and she said she would trim me. Mind you at first I told her no. Then she insisted and said she would do it for free(yet another hint). She cut off about 4 inches! Never ever again will someone cut my hair!!!
mad.gif
I'm sorry it happened to you CH. Don't cut your hair!!

CH I am very sorry that happened to "Tresses".
frown.gif
ITA, don't cut anymore just yet. I too had this happen to me and with time and patience, it started to grow back rather quickly. I sort of had a love/hate relationship with my "trim", because I didn't like the length but I was happy because detangling was easier and my curls held better.

Also, remember you're on the Surge bandwagon and you will attain your growth much quicker, so just wait and see the results of Surge. In a few weeks you'll look back at this post and smile to yourself.
smile.gif

I too think your hair is beautiful, regardless of the length.

orders.gif
No Mo' SHS in 04'.....05'....06'...etc....
look.gif

The same thing happened to me 2 weekends ago, went for a trim - got a major cut instead. I have since grown to love my cut (guess I have no choice huh?) but I believe I will be doing my own trims in the future, like I used to. I'm sure your hair looks great!

Man Im so mad this happened CH :angry: it feels like my hair was chopped off too now
frown.gif
(i have a persinal connection with your hair
laugh.gif
)

I'm sorry this happened to you, CH... looks like we're all having our share of setbacks. You don't even wanna know what happened to me... see thread Good heavens!!! Feel better, Girl!!! Don't ya'll be trying to roll up on that woman... Lawd knows they'll make me rotate my jail visits as they won't have a group visit allowing me to see all of ya'll at once!!!
lachen70.gif

awww CH , im sorry this happened
kiss.gif
i agree with what everyone is saying , dont cut , just let it grow from here, it will grow back before you know it

this is why a stylist will never touch my hair with scissors, and i had one i trusted for years too....but he used to cut my hair in the back, to match the front, while the front was all combed back. took me years to realize that umm duh!! that aint even necessary. i would have never got length like that....no more stylists for me , for anything.

I was looking at it last nite... i still hate it. It looks nice when i have it all combed back but who wears their hair like that? I know i don't. I HATE HER!!! im so mad at her. Just the thought of not seeing my daughter for a long time keeps me from pulling a 187 on that beeyotches @ss!

I really need to even this thing out. I can't get over how choppy it looks. I didn't take a pic b/c i have conditioner and such on my ends to keep them moist and u can't really tell from that. I'll go to the salon and get a wash n set then i'll post pics. Did i tell u how stupid it looks b/c of the difference in lengths from the sides to the back? If i didn't, let me tell you, it looks STUPID from the sides to the back b/c of the length
mad.gif
WTF was that lady thinking???? Man, im so mad at myself. I should have had my hand mirror in my hand checking her. I should have KNOWN better than this. I saw this lady last nite with almost waist length hair, and all i could think of was, that would have been ME next summer.
cry3.gif
Then this morning, on the bus, i saw another chick with bra strap hair and i was thinking, MAN, that could have been ME by xmas
frown.gif

I'm so setback by this. I never realized how attached i was to my hair until now
frown.gif

Awwwweee , CH, it will get better. Your hair will be back to where it was in no time at all.

I feel your pain big time. That's why I stopped going to stylists (all the ones I've dealt with are crazy, hair hating wenches!).

You could still reach bra strap by Xmas, think positive thoughts honey
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
I'm thisclose to brastrap and if some stylist messed me up now, I'd be ready to fight in the salon!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same situation... I'm getting a touchup in 2 weeks, and I'm not getting a trim this time, cuz I'm tired of being ALMOST at brastrap; I wanna BE there, and I feel that foregoing a trim or two is the only way it's gonna happen for me in this lifetime!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CH, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the SHS from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!!
mad.gif
But DON'T cut it to shoulder length... you'd probably regret it!!
look.gif

I'm sorry this happened to you, I know I would be really upset. In March when I had finally grew my hair out to my shoulders my stylist chopped it off to like neck length. This past weekend I went to someone else and she was saying how she couldn't wait for me to come back for a relaxer so she could even out my hair and I was thinking to myself well I won't be coming back here. My ends are healthy they are just uneven but I'm not cutting/trimmimg my hair anymore unless I see some split ends are something. I'm trying to retain as much length as possible until I reach my goal.

Back