Share Your Pics From Then Till Now!

oh, i wanna play!

November 2009
102_0553-vi.jpg
I am so loving your waves and curls!!! Thanks for sharing!

I needed to see this thread, wonderful progress ladies! :clapping::clapping::clapping:
:thud: Your hair is fabulous...thank you for Gracing us with your presence :clap:

[QUOTE/]
10 months after TLC and LHCF
Picture058.jpg

Look at all the hair that broke off!:wallbash: I have hardly any bleached hair left.[/QUOTE]You had great progress....wow! Thank you for sharing.

There is some pretty hair in this thread!
It surely is...all of them!

Here is mine: The first pic is June '08. The second is June '09. More recent pics are in my siggy.

6-20-08-1.jpg

DSCN1287-1.jpg

Last edited:
I found my very first post on LHCF, and realized that I've been on here for quite some time. I decided to share a few pics of my hair...how I began my journey and where I am now, for those who haven't seen them before. :rosebud:

My 1st thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1258878&highlight=nice+wavy#post1258878

1st hair pic - I was relaxed
first.jpg

About 2 months into my transition
pic25.jpg

Maybe about 6 months in...
transition.jpg

The Big Cut and 1st Pony Puff
curlies1.jpg

Had to put the 'Shower Pic' in this thread :giggle:
100_4577_edited-1.jpg

Natural hair...no products!
100_4222_edited.jpg

Finger Coils
100_4292.jpg

Curly Bun

Picture004.jpg

Straight Bun
100_5858-1.jpg

Dominican Blowout then...
100_4900_edited.jpg

Dominican Blowout now...
1082c745-1-2.jpg

Ok...hope ya'll like the pics. I've had many setbacks, but I'm healthy and growing and that makes me :grin:!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THEN AND NOW PICS!!!

Blessings....
N&W

Gorgeous hair!!!

I had a dream the other night that I was BSL and I was trying to keep my pressed hair from getting into my dinner. That won't be reality for at least another year.

My progress went in reverse for a while since I did mini chops as I transition to natural. I still have at least one mini chop left.

mpareProgressphotocollage82608-vi.jpg

oncollageafterminichop12132008-vi.jpg

comparisonshot20090825BKT-vi.jpg

Then:
couch044-vi.jpg

Now:

BAA11111-vi.jpg
Shingling022-vi.jpg

I remember these. GREAT GREAT PROGRESS!!

LAYERS

first hair photo
aug+05.jpg

8/05

finally at the top of the chair
1206.jpg

12/06

ug+07.jpg

past BSL 8/07

jun+08.jpg

blunt cut 6/08

019.JPG

accidential cut 11/08 APL

101_1294_edited.jpg
101_1290_edited.jpg

MBL 8/09

Today (11/09) my hair almost completely covers my boobs:yay:

Here's mine..beware some of these pics might me HUGE!!! as you can see from the pics...i'm a slooooooooowwwww grower. It's upsetting but i'm happy that it's full, healthy and strong

July 2007 - i love this cut on my. I think i will cut it again 2 yrs after reaching my goal of MBL :lachen:
5408_577376011845_16403266_33850456_2811028_n.jpg

Dec 2008 - right when i started LHCF
DSC00827-vi.jpg

March 2009 - after my 14wk stretch (you can sort of see through my hair)
DSC00989-vi.jpg

June 2008 - again after 14 wk stretch (my hair has thicken a little)
JuneGrowth-vi.jpg

Oct 2009 - this is where i am now after a 1 inch trim (it's thicker and way silkier)
OctoberGrowth-vi.jpg

here's mine

relaxed and broken
2ijp1qf.jpg

healthy and natural
13zubn7.jpg

This is where I am currently..I'm happy with the progress but was hoping for more growth. When I first started I did not have a pressing comb so its not very straight but here goes....

100_0147-vi.jpg

100_0830-vi.jpg

great job ladies

Great thread, everyone's hair looks beautiful. I'll have some pics in Dec after the HYH Challenge ends.

LAYERS

first hair photo
aug+05.jpg

8/05

1206.jpg

12/06

ug+07.jpg

past BSL 8/07

jun+08.jpg

blunt cut 6/08

019.JPG

101_1294_edited.jpg
101_1290_edited.jpg

MBL 8/09

I Know others asked you, but I wasnt around, just came back one day and 'blam' your hair was real long, it looked 'effortlessly' too

what did you do?

I had been doing everything for years. I got lazy and didn't do anything. Wash and bun 3 days a week, leaving conditioner at the ends of my hair. On the thrid day take it down and CW and rebun leaving condition on the hair. Detangle once a week. And that's it. No HOT, nothing. This is all I do. I've flat iron it 3 times this year. I wear a wash and gos maybe 30% of the time in the summers. But that's it.

AUGUST 2008

I was freshly texlaxed.

CantStyle-vi.jpg

FromTheSide-vi.jpg

DECEMBER 2008

Still texlaxed, took a long stretch (which turned into a transition)

4-vi.jpg

(Flat Ironed)

AfterRollerset4-vi.jpg

January 2009

Transitioning.

Roots12009-vi.jpg

July/August 2008

Big Chop

Twist Out

IMG_1470-vi.jpg

Wash n' Go

IMG_1633_crop-vi.jpg

Last Month

Still Natural

IMG_0117_crop-vi.jpg

IMG_0248_crop-vi.jpg

IMG_0250_crop-vi.jpg

Yesterday

DSCN0506-vi.jpg

DSCN0511-vi.jpg

My hair hasn't gotten any longer, but I cut off about 5 - 6 inches of texturized hair.

Looking to surpass my pre-BC length in 2010 :)

I found my very first post on LHCF, and realized that I've been on here for quite some time. I decided to share a few pics of my hair...how I began my journey and where I am now, for those who haven't seen them before. :rosebud:

My 1st thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1258878&highlight=nice+wavy#post1258878

1st hair pic - I was relaxed
first.jpg

About 2 months into my transition
pic25.jpg

Maybe about 6 months in...
transition.jpg

The Big Cut and 1st Pony Puff
curlies1.jpg

Had to put the 'Shower Pic' in this thread :giggle:
100_4577_edited-1.jpg

Natural hair...no products!
100_4222_edited.jpg

Finger Coils
100_4292.jpg

Curly Bun

Picture004.jpg

Straight Bun
100_5858-1.jpg

Dominican Blowout then...
100_4900_edited.jpg

Dominican Blowout now...
1082c745-1-2.jpg

Ok...hope ya'll like the pics. I've had many setbacks, but I'm healthy and growing and that makes me :grin:!

Blessings....
N&W

WOw great progress, congratz, it's so thick and shiny and nice, and I LOOOOVVVEE your curls

I found the forums in June 2007. At that time I had damaged my once healthy relaxed hari to the point of no return with heat and color. I tried to baby it from June to September. At that point I was sick of wasting time and energy on hair that wasn't reviving.

Shot of my NG the day before my BC. I only transitioned for a month. I was ready for those dried out damaged relaxed ends to GO! I always intended on relaxing again. This was my first time seeing my natural hair since before I could remember.
NGSHOT-vi.jpg

My hair the day after my BC September 4, 2007
twa2-vi.jpg

6 Months Later--Still Natural
Camerapictures337-vi.jpg

Last Day Natural--June 2008
018-vi.jpg

Texlaxed with ORS Lye is was good at first...
044-vi.jpg

Picture034-vi.jpg

Then it went bad on me...I had smoothed the front too much and I lost too much texture, not the look I was going for:
Picture025-vi.jpg

So I did a corrective and went for straighter...The problem was that I used No-Lye and it got tooo straight...SCARY STRAIGHT. I contemplated another BC. I was seriously about to cry in this pic.
Picture155-vi.jpg

I didn't give up, I rollersetted like my life depended on it and this was my hair November 2008.
Picture184-vi.jpg

Picture181-vi.jpg

My hair was in so many layers just from being in a twa, so I've been cutting and trimming and dusting, especially that back part so the front could catch up this is the longest my hair had gotten...and the longest it's ever been this was July 2009:
039-vi.jpg

Unfortunately, I did the BKT and it was too much heat for my hair and I had to cut off quite a bit in August 2009 and dyed it back to camoflauge the rest of the damage:
016-vi.jpg

So that's about where I'm at. Finally learning to keep it simple and let it grow. My hair has grown quite a bit since that last pic and is back toucing my shoulder so i'm happy.

Thanks for letting me share! Good thread OP.

May 2008 Loc'd at 32 months.

8-vi.jpg

One month after combing out locs and BCing again. Hair is color treated with red to cover a blonde accident. Some newgrowth showing. The red would eventually fade and the blonde would reappear.

DSCN0377-vi.jpg

Hair was color-treated again with a muted brown to try and cover blonde and then later with a red that faded. The dark brown is newgrowth since the last coloring in late spring/early summer 09, the brown is growth since November 2008 pic, the ends are the remnants of the Nov 08 color. I cut my hair a little bit each month to get the color out as much as possible.

lengthcheck-vi.jpg

A Blow out pic (september 2009)

b1-vi.jpg

http://images52.fotki.com/v637/photos/9/1583359/8128338/lengthcheck-vi.jpg

LAYERS

first hair photo
aug+05.jpg

8/05

1206.jpg

12/06

ug+07.jpg

past BSL 8/07

jun+08.jpg

blunt cut 6/08

019.JPG

101_1294_edited.jpg
101_1290_edited.jpg

MBL 8/09

I remember your pics too...the last one is fierce! I can't wait to get to where you are:yep:...Good job, D.

Great thread, everyone's hair looks beautiful. I'll have some pics in Dec after the HYH Challenge ends.
Thanks...ITA!

I had been doing everything for years. I got lazy and didn't do anything. Wash and bun 3 days a week, leaving conditioner at the ends of my hair. On the thrid day take it down and CW and rebun leaving condition on the hair. Detangle once a week. And that's it. No HOT, nothing. This is all I do. I've flat iron it 3 times this year. I wear a wash and gos maybe 30% of the time in the summers. But that's it.
Thanks, nice and simple!

Then, 2004, relaxed and shoulder length:
Edit1-vi.jpg

Now, 2009 hip length and natural:
DSC01033-vi.jpg

I transitioned for 3 years (May 2006-May 2009).
:thud: :thud: beautiful!

AUGUST 2008

I was freshly texlaxed.

CantStyle-vi.jpg

FromTheSide-vi.jpg

DECEMBER 2008

Still texlaxed, took a long stretch (which turned into a transition)

4-vi.jpg

(Flat Ironed)

AfterRollerset4-vi.jpg

January 2009

Transitioning.

Roots12009-vi.jpg

July/August 2008

Big Chop

Twist Out

IMG_1470-vi.jpg

Wash n' Go

IMG_1633_crop-vi.jpg

Last Month

Still Natural

IMG_0117_crop-vi.jpg

IMG_0248_crop-vi.jpg

IMG_0250_crop-vi.jpg

Yesterday

DSCN0506-vi.jpg

DSCN0511-vi.jpg

My hair hasn't gotten any longer, but I cut off about 5 - 6 inches of texturized hair.

Looking to surpass my pre-BC length in 2010 :)

Thick and lush....:thud: Wow!!!

WOw great progress, congratz, it's so thick and shiny and nice, and I LOOOOVVVEE your curls
Thank you girl....:kiss:

I found the forums in June 2007. At that time I had damaged my once healthy relaxed hari to the point of no return with heat and color. I tried to baby it from June to September. At that point I was sick of wasting time and energy on hair that wasn't reviving.

Shot of my NG the day before my BC. I only transitioned for a month. I was ready for those dried out damaged relaxed ends to GO! I always intended on relaxing again. This was my first time seeing my natural hair since before I could remember.
NGSHOT-vi.jpg

My hair the day after my BC September 4, 2007
twa2-vi.jpg

6 Months Later--Still Natural
Camerapictures337-vi.jpg

Last Day Natural--June 2008
018-vi.jpg

Texlaxed with ORS Lye is was good at first...
044-vi.jpg

Picture034-vi.jpg

Then it went bad on me...I had smoothed the front too much and I lost too much texture, not the look I was going for:
Picture025-vi.jpg

So I did a corrective and went for straighter...The problem was that I used No-Lye and it got tooo straight...SCARY STRAIGHT. I contemplated another BC. I was seriously about to cry in this pic.
Picture155-vi.jpg

I didn't give up, I rollersetted like my life depended on it and this was my hair November 2008.
Picture184-vi.jpg

Picture181-vi.jpg

My hair was in so many layers just from being in a twa, so I've been cutting and trimming and dusting, especially that back part so the front could catch up this is the longest my hair had gotten...and the longest it's ever been this was July 2009:
039-vi.jpg

Unfortunately, I did the BKT and it was too much heat for my hair and I had to cut off quite a bit in August 2009 and dyed it back to camoflauge the rest of the damage:
016-vi.jpg

So that's about where I'm at. Finally learning to keep it simple and let it grow. My hair has grown quite a bit since that last pic and is back toucing my shoulder so i'm happy.

Thanks for letting me share! Good thread OP.
Thank you, girl. You have had some experience with you hair. I'm so happy you shared it too, so that way if anyone else is seeing this, they may think twice on how to use certain things in their hair.

May 2008 Loc'd at 32 months.

8-vi.jpg

One month after combing out locs and BCing again. Hair is color treated with red to cover a blonde accident. Some newgrowth showing. The red would eventually fade and the blonde would reappear.

DSCN0377-vi.jpg

Hair was color-treated again with a muted brown to try and cover blonde and then later with a red that faded. The dark brown is newgrowth since the last coloring in late spring/early summer 09, the brown is growth since November 2008 pic, the ends are the remnants of the Nov 08 color. I cut my hair a little bit each month to get the color out as much as possible.

lengthcheck-vi.jpg

A Blow out pic (september 2009)

b1-vi.jpg
Thick, lush and gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!!

My 1st thread

Blessings....
N&W

Wow N&W, you have come a mighty looooong way in your journey. Praise the LORD!Your crowning glory is amazing now:thud:.

Last edited:
Back