Shampoo Tangles !

carletta

Does anyone one here have MAJOR TANGLES after you shampoo and your relaxer gets older ( or close to retouch time? ) My hair tangles more not just at the scalp but down the entire shaft :cry: by the way I use CON. . And believe you me, not even a SMOOTHING conditioner is doing the trick when I stand under the shower head. Can someone suggest a good cream rinse that I don't have to order online :(

have you tried washing your hair in braids? This really can help to prevent the tangles from forming to begin with. There's an example of the technique on www.growafrohairlong.com. Also Biolage Detangling Solution is great for detangling.

Yes, the Biolage Detangling Solution is very good as well as Nexxus Ensure.

I would like to suggest two very detangling shampoos for you: Keracare Hydrating Detangling or Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo.

Also, in Lisa Akbari's book, she gives a good method for managing the hair as new growth accumulates. Here's what I remember:

When you're getting ready to shampoo, let the water run over all of your hair and let in run inside the new growth also. Use your fingers and hands to expose your new growth to the water so that it can run on the new growth. When you shampoo, make sure you shampoo inside the new growth as well. Massage the newgrowth with the lather. When you rinse, rinse inside the new growth. When you condition, make sure the conditioner adequately contacts your new growth too.

HTH

yeah, kris I do the plait thing. Well, this is problem in short. after taking the plaits down my hair tangles and combing my hair straight is the issue. even with a wide tooth comb:( you know how sliky your hair is after a relaxer when wet? Well as time goes by the less my hair wants to do that ! sorry for repeating myself :perplexed

I second the Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. My stylist told me that it softens the hair.

My hair gets super tangled after shampoo when i'm nearing touch-up time.It gets so bad that one time when i was at the salon they wanted to rinse me out again after applying my leave-in condtioner because they couldnt comb my hair out to set it.Of course i told them to kiss me *** I'll set it myself..u aint washing my hair AGAIN!
Anyway keracare shampoo is good
so is biolage leave-in tonic.It softens,shines and detangles.My ultimate faves for shampoo tangles are herbal essences intensive con followed by miss keys creme rinse.Your hair should be like butta. :D after that.

Last edited:
I'm also a lover of Kera Care products, especially the Humecto conditioner. It easily detangles my hair. Certain shampoos even tangle my hair as I'm washing. So make sure it's not your products. ITA with the Supergirl's suggestions.

Also, make sure your hair is thoroughly detangled before you wash and make sure that you don't "wash/manipulate" your hair too much. I only use the pads of fingers to lightly massage my scalp, because my hair will tangle too much if I try to manipulate it too much. And continue to detangle under the shower head.

Oh yeah, do you have a relaxer. If so, what kind?

When i haven't used Aphogee in a while my hair matts like crazy to the point of making dreadlocks. As soon as it hits water. Something tells me it's cuticle degradation from using Motions Lye Relaxer.

carletta said:
yeah, kris I do the plait thing. Well, this is problem in short. after taking the plaits down my hair tangles and combing my hair straight is the issue. even with a wide tooth comb:( you know how sliky your hair is after a relaxer when wet? Well as time goes by the less my hair wants to do that !

Technique:
Washing my hair in cornrows prevents tangling better than washing it in box braids because the hair can't move at all. I braid the cornrows as tightly as possible, taking care to pull the new growth taut as I go. My hair is fine and 4b, so it tangles very easily when wet, even if I just had a relaxer.

Product:
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum made detangling easier at the last salon rollerset. My hair responds well to serums and Daily Defense Tender Apple when detangling, but technique is more important than product...

Last edited:
Back