Shampoo Bars

[USER=32271 said:
Chameleonchick[/USER];14751763]Does anyone use shampoo bars? Where do you get yours from? Do you use these over regular shampoo?

I have purchased shampoo bars from Anita Grant and Chagrin Valley Soaps.

I use Terressentials Hair Mud as well as the shampoo bars (and regular shampoo when needed).

Right now I'm using a shampoo bar from Lush called Jumping Juniper. It's so convenient and gets my hair squeaky clean without feeling stripped. I love it.
I did have 2 from Anita Grant but I'm not very fond of them because they don't clean all the shea butter of my hair properly.

I plan on purchasing my first shampoo bar from Oyin Handmade on the next order. I hear shampoo bars clean without stripping your hair. Guess I'll see soon.

I use HairVeda shikakai bar and I used to use swastik shikakai bar. I prefer using bars; they clean my hair without leaving it stripped and my hair also feels thicker whilst using them.

I buy mine from Chagrin Valley Soaps and I use regular shampoo when needed.

I've used the shampoo bar directly on my hair and also in my hands then applied to my hair. I prefer to just rub the shampoo bar directly on my hair. The bar that I am using (one of 20 samples) is the Mud Shampoo bar. I really like it and plan to buy the full size bar. I have gotten at least 4 washes out of that bar and can probably get a few more washes so long as it's stored properly.

Last edited:
Another Chagrin Valley user here. I use 'regular' shampoo if I use 'regular' products that have chemicals and cause buildup. This does not happen very often - maybe three or for times a year.

I don't shampoo often (I mostly use the Terressential Mud Wash to clean my hair) but when I need a good shampoo I turn to the shampoo bars from Henna Sooq rather than traditional shampoo which tends to dry out my hair. I love the shampoo bars from Henna Sooq, they're very moisturizing but cleans really well without drying out or stripping the hair. The HS bars also lay my cuticles lay down very well so I have very little frizz and more defined curls. Honey Sooq have a good variety of bars with quality ingredients. They sell sample sizes at very low cost so you can try before you buy the full size. My favorites in order of preference are the Sweet Honey, Cocoveda and Argan oil. Here is the link http://www.hennasooq.com/cleanse/

I would love to know the best way to use one, lather in hands or apply directly to hair. I've had one forever but didn't use it. I'm going to have to break down and use it b/c I out of everything

Chagrin Valley soaps (I bought all the samples to try out)...In retrospect, that might have been a bit much lol

The shikakai bar form Hairveda

I just ordered the shampoo bars from bee mine. I'm excited to try them

I think I'm officially done buying bars for now

I would love to know the best way to use one, lather in hands or apply directly to hair. I've had one forever but didn't use it. I'm going to have to break down and use it b/c I out of everything

Ooo this is a good question. I want to phase out shampoo as well. I mean it takes up extra space and I want to stop putting so much crap in my hair. Next year is all about minimizing for me.

anita grant bars left my hair feeling dirty. I used it in soft and hard water. I even added baking soda. It seems to work for some from the youtube videos I've seen. I'm sending the leftovers to my little sister.

I have Chagrin Valley, and Karen's Body Beautiful shampoo bars. I like them they clean without stripping. I rarely use regular shampoo, but everynow & then I do. Mainly to use them up.

Ms. Tiki - I've tried both methods, but I prefer lather in my hands. Every now & then I may use bar directly on hair, but usually only after I have applied via, lathering in my hands.

I recently purchased Bobeam Shampoo Bars. Although I have no other bars to compare, thus far they are quite lovely. No need to do an ACV rinse after use and they lather very well. I prefer to apply soap bar directly to hair (root to tip).

Thanks faithVA :)

I've been using Chagrin Valley bars for probably 2 years now. I really like them. I lather in my hands and then rub into my hair. The bars are great because they aren't drying but they still give a good lather and leave my hair feeling clean.

I cut the bars into little squares and rub directly on my scalp. I wash my hair in braids.

I love shampoo bars! Only used regular poo once or twice this. Entire year. I've used KBB Juicy, Hairveda Shikakai, and these marshmallow and neem ones I got on Etsy, can't remember vendor name right now but I love it.

As far as usage, I cut them up in sizeable piece so I can work with the bar easier. I wash my hair in twists, let them get soaking wet and I apply to scalp first, and then to hair using a downward motion.

I just started using shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley. I really like them and think I'll be using them exclusively. I wash my hair in sections and run the actual bar (sample size) down the length of my hair (never back "up"). I only have to run it down the length a couple of times for tons of lather. It's true that they clean without stripping. I'm a fan!

@Brittster loves the kbb poo bars
@darlingdiva and @**SaSSy*** love the cv ones

I love the KBB poo bars too (Juicy Shampoo bar). I've actually never gotten to use the CV ones on my hair b/c I accidentally purchased the non-hypoallergenic ones & they didn't get along with my skin. Her bars sound lovely, though, and her customer service is excellent, so I'll definitely get around to trying some of the hypo-allergenic poo bars.

In regards to usage, I rub the bar in my hands & then rub it on the length of my hair. My hair always feels extra moisturized when I use the Juicy Shampoo bar.

Last edited:
i bought some samples from chagrin valley. i dunno. it felt like too much work. i'm lazy i just want to squeeze the liquid, scrub and rinse. all that lathering...:ohwell:

Yes! I love shampoo bars!!!! I'm currently using LUSH trichomania. Its a staple for sure. And when I follow it with v05 tea therapy conditioner, the moisture in my hair after rinsing is perfect :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Back