Sew in with micros on the perimeter nyc

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I've never gotten a sew-in in my life. I'd like to get a curly sew in with micros on the edges for graduation. Does anybody know where I can go to get this done in nyc for a reasonable price? I will provide my own hair. TIA!

So you're going to have hair out in the back/center of your head and braids in the front, sides and nape? :confused: Why?

(Sorry but I'm trying to picture this in my head and I.don't.get.it. :dork:)

I don't know where you can get this done seeing that I'm in Chicago but I get a style similar to this. I wear tree braids in the front of my hair and a sew in for the back.
Photo+on+2009-12-13+at+19.22+%234.jpg

Any braiding shop should be able to do this, go to 125th St. The purpose to do this style would be to have the look of micros, but have the back weaved. Then you just redo the perimeter braids after a few weeks and will stay looking fresh. Takes less time to put in and take out. My friend did this last summer, looks very nice. But definately look at the condition of the shop and ask to see photos of their work, tell them don't braid tight, and make sure your hair is fully detangled.

Last edited:
So you're going to have hair out in the back/center of your head and braids in the front, sides and nape? :confused: Why?

@OP I am about to get this style done this weekend. I can't wait! My hair needs a break from my hands.

@Nonie I used to get this style all the time. Here is how it looks
2009121510_31_00-vi.jpg

DSCN0165-vi.jpg

2009121510_30_16-vi.jpg

Whatever you can see braided, is all that's braided. The rest is a sew-in. Hope that helped you see it better

I don't have a week to take out and detangle micros anymore lol. I figured a sew-in in the middle would shorten the take down time. Supermodelsonya and Mzlizza posted the idea I was going for

^^ I understand. Plus I do see the added benefit in that all your hair is braided and therefore gets very little manipulation. Plus you can redo the hairline to keep that hair healthy too. (I have not been inspired to get weaves or learn how to do them simply because I cannot redo them piece-meal and on my own pace like I can with individual micros. With this style, you can keep the hairline looking neat while leaving the weaved part well-alone.

Kinda clever now that I have seen what it looks like. MsLizzia, I do love all your looks. I'm not too crazy about invisible braids (look like wanna-be weave fakes to me--sorry but I'm partial to braids and then I like weaves; not really a fan of "in-betweens"), but yours look like micro-braids braided halfway and I love how there's no obvious break from where the braiding stops. The blending is done very nicely indeed. I hope you're keep a portfolio of your hairdos and poses. They're very pretty and a joy to see!

@MsLizziA - I'm looking to do something like this also for the summer. What type of hair did you have in those pics. I was originally looking at the loose wave, but this tighter curl looks cuter.
Thx

I used to get this style done all the time

I am in TX (no help). Post pics when you get them done

I had this done before. I don't know if it was because i had fine hair or what, by you could see the division between sew-in and braid in my hair (I'm the someone who ususally has scalpy twists, so I maybe I shouldn't have been too suprised). I had to constantly wear some sort of headband to cover it up. I love the idea however and would do it again if I knew for certain that the division wouldn't show. Good luck finding someone to do it for you.

Hi OP just wanted to add that if you do this style please make it a one off and keep an eye on your hairline. This was my signature look in my early/ mid 20's and the primary reason why I no longer have a hairline.

Congrats with Graduation by the way.

I have seen this done and as a matter of act my sister gets this as sitting for a full head of singles takes too much time. Edges come out when the braider doesn't know what they are doing as ni putting too much fake or human hair on your hair making the weight too much. I have been getting braids for 15 years and have all of my edges.

^^ I understand. Plus I do see the added benefit in that all your hair is braided and therefore gets very little manipulation. Plus you can redo the hairline to keep that hair healthy too. (I have not been inspired to get weaves or learn how to do them simply because I cannot redo them piece-meal and on my own pace like I can with individual micros. With this style, you can keep the hairline looking neat while leaving the weaved part well-alone.

Kinda clever now that I have seen what it looks like. MsLizzia, I do love all your looks. I'm not too crazy about invisible braids (look like wanna-be weave fakes to me--sorry but I'm partial to braids and then I like weaves; not really a fan of "in-betweens"), but yours look like micro-braids braided halfway and I love how there's no obvious break from where the braiding stops. The blending is done very nicely indeed. I hope you're keep a portfolio of your hairdos and poses. They're very pretty and a joy to see!
Aww thanks Nonie. I have a fotki where i keep track of all of my hairstyles.

Back