Sew-In:Do I Cut It or Not? *NO PICS*

Sade'

I am getting my install done by this woman next week. She does not know how to cut. I have a pack of 10 inch wavy hair that I will wear both straight & wavy.

My question is: If the hair is not cut will all of the hair fall the same length (even) ? Meaning...the bottom weft (the 1st track that she sews on) will be at the nape, and the very last weft will be at the crown (the top weft). Will each weft (as she goes up) fall in layers or will the ends meet up. I figure 10 inches from the crown of my head is not the same as measuring 10 inches from the nape. Does this make sense y'all??

Do any of you just sew in weave and not cut it? How does that work?

TIA

Even if she cuts the wefts its not going to fall at the same length. Because 10" is still going to look longer from the nape as compared to the crown. Also, If its regular BSS hair I would mind cutting it, but if its indian hair I say try your best to hair her not cut it. Just so that it wont shed as much. And since indian hair is reusabe you dont want to cut it alot because the next install you use that hair for you dont want to deal with a bunch of cut tracks. Its easier to work with longer wefts.

Thank you mEmSELFaNDj. When you install do you trim the ends at all or leave the length as it is?

It will falll in natural layers if it's not cut. I usually cut mine to give it a shape and make it more even. But you don't have to if you don't want to.

It will falll in natural layers if it's not cut. I usually cut mine to give it a shape and make it more even. But you don't have to if you don't want to.

Thank you Glamazon386 I was hoping that my question made sense. I don't want perfect looking ends, I want it to look natural. So I will most likely leave it alone.

Back