Seventh Grade Hair?

I was relaxed with brastrap hair. I wore my hair in a ponytail. No heat. I discovered a curling iron in H.S. My hair was always long til Tony Braxton came out and I cut my below brastrap hair off to style it like hers. My mom wanted to kill me.:lol:

I think my mom was still doing my hair in seventh grade. My hair hadn't been permed yet and I think I wore it in a braided ponytail everyday. On picture day my mom would un-braided it into what I now know to be a "braid-out". I hated my hair then.

I had three hairstyles for seventh grade.

1. a huge bun
2. A braid out worn in a big fluffy ponytail
3. A single side braid with a bang.
Memories :lol:

I couldnt do my hair myself at the time, despite it being relaxed (it was extremely thick), as I didn't know how to care for it. I had it in braids all the time

Wow, this brings back scary memories! I had just cut off all my hair and gotten a Wave Nouveau in the 7th grade. Hey, I'm from the country and everybody was rocking Jheri curls back then! :lol:

I had to learn how to do my hair in 6th grade. I was going to a majority white school and I was 1 of the 10 black going on a trip, where we went to a camp for 2 weeks. So I learned how to do my pony tails and how to wash it anc condish and whatever I needed to know. So when I got in 7th grade, I would wear pony tails and were it down. Ok let me make you laugh because I loved this hairstyle on my girlfriend who was white, I got my hair cut in the front feathered and straight down in the back, I just bump the ends. My mom hated that hairstyle so much she threated to cut all my hair off if I ddin't change it. I didn't change it one night she cut my hair all in short layers, I never did that again...:lol:

In seventh grade, I only wore my hair in tight ponytails. It was the last time I wore my hair straight back because I became aware of my huge forehead lol. I didn't really moisturize it. My mother would always rollerset it afer my weekly wash but I hated the poofy-ness of the hair so back in a ponytail it went. I wore it down enough times to count on one hand, lol.

Wet and wavy braids or a wet wrap set chin length bob that I would wear for many years to come (still haunts me till this day)

rdm said:
Most of us started taking care of out hair in middle school. Today, I see young girls with their hair slicked back in a tight ponytail with the gel and then they have this frizzy ponytail.

I cant talk. My seventh grade hairstyle was a pony tail with a part on the side. For church, I would wear long curly bangs with the ponytail.

What was your seventh grade hairstyle?

I thought that hideous current seventh grade hairstyle was only in my area:eek: . I had to ask my husband when did that become fashionable.
Anywhoo, my 7th grade hairstyle was a small bang in the front, the remainder of my hair was divided into a medium size ponytail and the rest hang down. Sorta like a Tootie:lol: but my hair was dusting my shoulder(Just barely!!!!)

My mother did my hair until i was 16:p . She's still do it now if i asked her, i don't because she always complains about how short it is. Cornrows all the way. It went wrong when i started doing it. Now its getting back to its former glory

the summer before 7th grade was my first major cut into an ear length bob (which was very cute and surprisingly healthy looking).... that grew out into a stringy overprocessed thin mess that i either wore in a messy skinny ponytail or down (which looked VERY sad), with bangs.... now keep in mind this was all in conjunction with going to the hairdresser every two weeks and faithfully perming every 6 weeks... and she was not shy with the superhigh direct heat either....

Back