Setback Survival Kit

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
What's in yours?

In the event that I experience a setback again I will be prepared to overcome it in record time thanks to these invaluable items:
Nexxus Emergencee
Aloe Vera juice
Youtube videos
A few good wigs
Kerastase masks
Mane n tail leave in
Sulfur oil
And last, but not least Lots of patience

So what's in your survival kit ladies?

Last edited:
I like this thread...

To anticipate setbacks I might have...any would most likely be due to horrible tangling.

I figure I would need Mane n Tail detangler because it's the most effective I've ever used. I also need to keep a good pair of cutting shears. Lastly, a good protein conditioner to help with unexpected breakage, or possible overly mushy hair.

In no particular order:
Cathy Howse UBH
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor
Hair Supplements
A good Protein DC'er,
A good Moisturizing DC'er,
A good Leave-In (both a Liquid one & a Creamy one)
A Butter (both a Whipped one & a Solid one)
Silk Bonnet
Detangling Tool
My Steamer

Hmmm good question.

A light and strong protein deep conditioner
JBCO
Emu
Essential oils
Biotin 10K
Silk amino acids liquid or powder
YouTube videos for hair styling
Omega 3-6-9 oil or pills
Water app to remember to drink 3L
Exercise program
Clean eating recipes to encourage improved diet (high protein, low carb)
Scalp massager
Moisturizing conditioner
Bamboo Tea

Well I usually keep everything I need in my weekly stash anyway... But one thing I need to add to it is ...a good slap in the face! The next time I try to stop my regimen and be cute for my boyfriend, I need to go in the closet, get the slap out, and slap the ish outta my dumb ***... If he can't handle a night bonnet, oils, etc... Then git ta steppin... I had a major set back trying to be cute... Ain't got time for that...

Product-wise:
- Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol. I swear by this stuff. It singlehandedly revived my hair a few years ago. It works a bit more like protein than moisture on my hair. I use it both as DC and regular conditioner, depending on how bad my hair is.
- Honey - when my hair needs a moisture boost, I add this to the Olive Cholesterol
- Baking soda - I use it to clarify, but also to save my hair when it's incredibly tangled and bushy. I mix it with conditioner and thin it with water, then apply it and leave it in the hair for 15-20 before thoroughly rinsing. It elongates the curls temporarily, and opens my cuticles to allow products to penetrate (I have extreme low porosity).
- Some kind of oil to add to DC and to add post wash. Grapeseed, EVCO and Vitamin E are the ones I use currently, but I've also used Argan in the past.

Other:
- Trim, if needed
- Buns

Okay here goes my list:

-Definitely Aloe Vera Juice and/or Gel as a detangler aid and prepoo
-Coconut and Extra Virgin Olive Oil to use with my aloe vera gel also for detangling and prepooing.

-Redken Extreme Anti Snap Leave in Treatment
-Dudley's DRC Protein Treatment and Redken Extreme Builder Plus as my hardcore protein treatments
-All my Kerastase Masks which serve different purposes.

-Hair vitamins and lots of water
-Stamina for exercising to get my adrenalin and blood pumping to my hair follicles for speedy hair growth.
-Wigs, wigs and more wigs for my protective styles at least until I reach full BSL or maybe grazing MBL.
-Hairdrenalin potion - my home made growth aid
-My two scalp/shampoo brushes for scalp massages

-DCing only 2-4 times a month - anymore than that is too manipulation for my hair which causes me to lose too much hair in the long run. Thick hair was always my aim and now that I'm pretty much there, I can't afford to suffer a setback at this point.

Back