SETBACK #2 $%^@%$*$ :\

HeavenlySkies

I called myself so called "protective styling" and had my mom braid my hair in individuals. The hair that I got matched the ends of my hair anyway long story short they were messed up so I had her cut the braids so I could take it down when I got home and this is what I found...

Before
hairbefore.jpg

After
hairafter.jpg

Apparent the hair blended in a little too much in the back since the texture there is looser than the rest of my head so my mom cut the braids in the back not seeing it was MY hair now I done lost I don't know how many inches because that piece touched my shoulders. IT WAS MY FAVORITE CURLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I wouldn't leave the house without making sure it was popping...it used to smack me on the neck when it was windy and everything now look at it :ohwell: To top it off the ends of my hair was red naturally when I grew the perm out so now that part is gone too WTF am I supposed to do now the back of my head is gonna take months to get where it was :wallbash:

Awww...We all have set backs...And even though this feels huge ..This is a very small set back...

I remember my Mom helped me take my braids out ...I was like 19...She did the same thing ...But she did half of the front of my head until she realized what happened...

We still laugh and talk about it to this day...But when it happened ..At the time it was nothing funnny.....

You will be shocked on how fast you bounce back....

I am sooo sorry, and you are not going to like what I say but here goes.

It will grow back, thankfully it is still healthy. I know this goes without saying but if you get those braids again, please take them down one by one instead of having someone cut them out.

You can always use oil or conditioner to help you take them down.

It will take some time to grow it back but it will grow back.

Thanks ladies...it's a huge deal right now because it was my signature curl always sticking down out the back of my head and people at work would always mess with it clowning me and stuff and now it's gone ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sucks I guess I'll just have to megatek it :\

I'm more mad that it was my mom that caused the setback than anything even though she didn't do it on purpose because when other people jacked up my hair I always went to her and now it's like who do I go to now? :sad:

Thanks ladies...it's a huge deal right now because it was my signature curl always sticking down out the back of my head and people at work would always mess with it clowning me and stuff and now it's gone ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sucks I guess I'll just have to megatek it :\​

I'm more mad that it was my mom that caused the setback than anything even though she didn't do it on purpose because when other people jacked up my hair I always went to her and now it's like who do I go to now? :sad:

Totally understand. :yep:

Aww...I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I agree with the other ladies, it will grow back soon.

This happened to me too. My mom and family friend were helping me take my braids out. I was cutting after my hair stopped. They were cutting the braid with the hair
To this day I won't let anybody help me take out braids :lachen:
It's funny now but I was so mad
And the family friend is a nun so I couldn't think bad thoughts about her lol

Yeah the back of my head feels so weird but it's depressing because the back of my head was where all the length was and now I doubt I'll be at shoulder length straightened by the end of the year which sucks majorly. But thanks for all of the warm encouragements I appreciate it.

Very nice hair. I feel you about the setback! I went from APL- SL now I went from APL back to NL. Setbacks really do make for good comebacks.

You go to yourself. When I learned that no one else could handle my hair the way that I could properly, I did. It will grow back faster than you realize, TRUST ME!

adding to the support...

Plus the first one is wet so it appears longer. Not that when dry it's the same length BUT it's probably not as short as it seems....
No time, girl, no time...

adding to the support...

Plus the first one is wet so it appears longer. Not that when dry it's the same length BUT it's probably not as short as it seems....
No time, girl, no time...

The first one stretched to my shoulders the leftovers barely goes to the bottom of my neck.

When that curl dried it was the same length though. But thanks anyway lol I think I'm over it since there's nothing I can do to turn back time makes no sense making myself angry looking at what used to be lol​

Wow....I know exactly how you feel. I had a hairdresser to cut my hair out with the one and only weave I ever got. She was putting layers in the weave and put those doggone layers in my real hair.

I know your hair will grow back. It's so pretty and curly.

Hugs to you...

cj

Back