Serums, Cremes and smoothers....

beana3

I called Salon Cecelia today and apparently they doubled the price of the Silken Seal serum, so I WILL NOT buy it. I was looking froward to trying it, and after waiting 3 weeks for them to get a new shipment
mad.gif

I want something that will give me a smooth and shiny blow dry, or something that will help my rollersets look smoother. Does anyone have any suggestions that wont leave me broke??? I'm eyeing Hask placenta's shine serum (the ingredients seem good), Aphogee Gloss therapy, and silken seal the spray kind ($9), all other suggestions are welcome! Ease of application and smoothing are very important to me. Thanks

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
I called Salon Cecelia today and apparently they doubled the price of the Silken Seal serum, so I WILL NOT buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the original price? I don't think I'll be going back to Salon Cecelia. I liked using the Mizani relaxer but her prices are too rich for my blood. Besides, I need a shape up and that plus the touchup will be $109. I can't do it this time. I wish I can find somebody who uses Mizani for cheaper.

why don't you give the l'oreal smooth intense serum a try. it's not expensive and i like it a lot. i have been using it for a while now and i think some other ladies are giving it a try and like it.

i don't know your hair type but i have 3b hair and i use african pride heat protectant spray to blow dry my hair. it comes out silky and shiny. it doesn't have a real pleasant smell when you first spray it but the smell will disappear after your hair is dry. this spray is also good for roller setting or anything that has to do with heat. it's not expensive either.

thanks for the review! I'm already in love with Loreal's Unfrizz condit, I'm hoping i'll like the serum as well. I think this is the one i'll purchase
smile.gif
The problem is... i can hardly find it anywhere, I know i've seen it before, but Idont remember where
confused.gif

I use Fantasia IC's Hair Polisher. This works very well (it's a serum) and makes my hair very smooth. I used to suffer from frizzies big time and now in addition to good moisturizers, I use this before applying the leave-in condr and my sets always come out nice. I would also recommend Razac's Perfect for Perms serum.

I'll bump up the thread of the serum that I did a review on.

When I checked on the KeraCare Silken Seal, it was about $25 at a beauty supply store in my area. I was like 'no way am I paying THAT much'. I even checked a few web sites, and it was expensive at each one.

I'll just stick with the inexpensive one that I have. It's working for me.

Ladies i tried 4 different BSS and could not find the smooth intense. I ended up buying Hair So Shine hair polisher. I liked the ingredients (very similiar to the Silken seal)
Cyclomethicone
Dimethicone
Phenyl Trimethicone
Panthenol
Silk amino acids
Fragrance

it runs for $4.99 and it came in an 8oz bottle.

beana3, I cannot believe Cecilia's salon jacked up the price of the silken seal and you know what? I really think she did this after her seeing my shock at the price of it. I couldn't believe it was $9 and she she seemed perplexed at my suprise. I told her that beauty supplies sell it for $30. She was like:
shocked.gif

I never thought this (price raising) would be her reaction to that....Also, her salon has got alot of 'publicity' as it were via this board and I'm sure she must have noticed more visitors to her salon to purchase the serum. (Thus it being sold out). Soooo, she obviously realized she was sitting on a bargain
mad.gif

Last time I open my big cake hole...

lol @ BRH, Ra-ma BS did the same thing. I noticed they started re-pricing their Affrim relaxer ($21 for 4lb tub to $35) and all their salon quality condits.... Its happening everywhere. Cecelia's had some nerve though, they just jacked it up double!
That's why I'm buying 3 tubs of the Unfrizz while its still $5 a peice.. oh and some taming creme just in case i like it.
I obviously have a few extra $$'s to spend these days and i've already spent $35 this month ALONE on hair products, I promise to only spend $20 more
fallenangel.gif
b/c I NEED to stock up on the Unfrizz. Next month i'll be flat broke and wondering how i spent soo much money!

Tee gave glowing reviews on the Unfrizz serum and I usually love the things smooth-wise that she recommends. She's the one that got me to try Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment conditioner which is now my fave right now.

Let me know what the Unfrizz purchases are like
smile.gif

Cecilia has alot of nerve to do that I know. She obviously heard the sound of cash registers in her head after hearing me say that about the serum and probably getting more visitors to her place just buying it and nothing else.

The sad thing is, at the jacked up $20, that's still the cheapest price I've seen it in NY. Tracy was v.lucky to get it at the time for $9 when we went there together a while back. I have one I got in London which is cheaper than here but for goodness sakes? Talk about a profit margin these places are making????
mad.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I told her that beauty supplies sell it for $30. She was like:

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you shouldn't have said anything! She is in business, after all. If others are selling something for 20- 30 why should she undersell? I would have smiled, made my purchase, and said, "have a good day!"

I was just in a beauty supply store and they had the silk &amp; seal for $12.00, not as cheap as $9 but better then $20. They had excellent prices on everything and I mean everything.

If you are in Chicago and want to find professional hair products at a steal, write me. The young lady is so sweet and friendly to go along with the excellent prices.

Hey ladieezz just FYI. I purchased the Silken Seal for $9 too and it is now $20. I was told the price was raised BUT Ra-Ma (uptown) told me they carry the spray and the serum now??? So I don't know I may try the Fantasia IC polish instead. I heard that was good. Try calling there!

Serums and cremes and smoothers are supposed to smooth the hair shaft for a sleeker/smooth appearance of the hair. It adds shine to the hair and gives the hair a soft silky finish.

This helps my hair look more like when the salon does it. Otherwise I get this frizzy look.

Back