Serious scalp itching was due to pain pills

Coffee

I was having some serious scalp and facial itching for the past couple of weeks. I couldn't figure out why it started all of a sudden, so I went back over what I was using. I hadn't used anything that I hadn't used before, so I was confused what it could be. I then thought about the Oxycodin I was given after surgery and my check up visit with my surgeon. I checked the Mayo Clinic.com to see if itching was a side effect, and it was :wallbash:, a rare one at that. Well I stopped the Oxycodin that same night, and no more itching. Ladies always check to see if it's a med that maybe causing problems that you haven't had before!!

yes, I have unfortunately had to take Oxycodone and Oxycontin, and yes it gives you HELLA itching. Body wise and scalp-wise. Narcotics generally lead to nausea, pruritus (itching), and of course sedation/dizziness/drowsiness. Good that you were able to rule out the issue causing the itchiness, and thank goodness you didn't mistakenly rid yourself of products thinking they were the cause!

If I hadn't had other reactions to medicine I probably wouldn't have even thought of it being related to Oxycodin. I have so many medicine allergies, I have them written down for when I go to the Dr, hospital etc! I would have been really upset if I had given a lot of my products away!!

Back