September 2010.........What Did YOU Buy This Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hi Ladies:

It's September Already! WOW! Can You Believe It??

What are you planning to Buy?

I'm going to "try" to be good this Month:yep:......After Labor Day!:look:

This month is all about hair accessories for me....i think i'm pretty good on products for the time being. I want some Flex-8s, I NEED hair bungees from Sally's, and some cute french barrettes....or like i like to call em "clamp bows" bc when you clip it together it makes a little "clamp" sound....:laugh:

Okay I will include this for Sept, Haven't gotten it yet.

6 Etsy Combs
One Curling Iron
4 Hair Ones
One Aphogee leave in conditioner :)

I got my 2 clip in bangs today :D

Last edited:
This month is all about hair accessories for me....i think i'm pretty good on products for the time being. I want some Flex-8s, I NEED hair bungees from Sally's, and some cute french barrettes....or like i like to call em "clamp bows" bc when you clip it together it makes a little "clamp" sound....:laugh:

I want more hair accessories too :D I want the Flex-8's and the French barrettes, I have a pack of Bungees from Sally already :D I love them for my phony ponies :D YOu won't have that issue ;)

YEAH let me know what cool accessories you find!

@IDareT - I notice you always starting a shopping thread, you're dangerous miss :lachen:

I want to try Afroveda reeallll bad, it's awful. I think I'm about to crack :blush:

I'm hitting up the HV sale cause I want to try the Hydrasillica spritz, the Poo Bar and some other goodies I haven't sampled yet. I NEED nothing. I get on my own nerves! Oh, I think I want to get a Hair Therapy wrap.

Nothing - yay! OK well today I will go out to buy some perm rods from Sally's - hope they are having a sale on them. I just learned how to twist n' curl my hair.

I want more hair accessories too :D I want the Flex-8's and the French barrettes, I have a pack of Bungees from Sally already :D I love them for my phony ponies :D YOu won't have that issue ;)

YEAH let me know what cool accessories you find!

Hey Teri.

JJ you crack me up-4 Hair Ones girl, I am scared of you.

Okay I was really good last month- and I plan on another good month. I did just order the Andis Ceramic styler from Folica, I have been wanting a dryer with a comb attachment for a long time, and it was on sale.

hmm..... don't know, yet. Still experimenting with Dominican products. So far, what I've tried, I like. Waiting on an order now.

Temple clean relaxer applicator tool and the comb style tool for smoothing... cant wait to get them, I need a relaxer like last week!!!

Nothing.....yet. But I'm on the look out for the bigger sizes of the Organix Coconut Conditioner

Hey Teri.

JJ you crack me up-4 Hair Ones girl, I am scared of you.

Okay I was really good last month- and I plan on another good month. I did just order the Andis Ceramic styler from Folica, I have been wanting a dryer with a comb attachment for a long time, and it was on sale.

I love it I do, I have been using it all this year and I am just thrilled at the healthy ends, I have had NO Split End issues since switching to this, I keep getting it trimmed none the less but I am not doing that anymore, I still might trim every 6 months (dusting really) to keep them up. :)

Congrats on finding a good dryer! I got the Nozzel comb from Folica.com cof like $18 bucks and bought a Jilbere 2000w porcelian series from sally and it is wonderful, I love it!

Patiently waiting for Shescentit to open back up so I can acquire at least two more jars of that miracle marshmallow moisturizer. I travel in two weeks for work and I have only one full jar right now as I gave one away and I cannot afford to run out of my beloved MC.

Today I bought two yummy jars of the Shea Moisture Deep Masque. My hair is bouncy and soft with this DC.

I might get some HV Sitrinillah during the sale if I feel like it but my hair is devoted to Shescentit right now...and forever more. :) I might just settle with Shescentit & Shea Moisture for DC's since my hair is absolutely FABULOUS with them.

I might do a thread on Shescentit, its not my first time using them, but I actually gave the products a chance this time and I couldn't be happier. 9 of the 13 products in my regimen are made by them. :love:

Got so turned off after the horrible shopping experience with ess.silk - I'm telling you ladies DO NOT PURCHASE from this vendor. I had to contact paypal to issue a refund and my credit card company. I'm still waiting on it.

I haven't bought anything yet. Waiting on HV and will get some more silk scarves/hijabs for the fall. I love the colors for this fall.

I can't wait till my hair is long enough for a proper bun again - Etsy has some wonder handmade hair stuff from Vietnam.

Herbal Essence None Of Your Frizziness Leave-in Conditioner
Dont plan on buying much this month unless it's a great bargIn.

Last edited:
Nothing yet but I have a Sally's Beauty $5 Beauty Card coupon and a 15% off coupon. I doubt I will make it to the end of the week especially with the holiday.

I think I see at least CurlFormers and something for porosity control in my future.

@IDareT - I notice you always starting a shopping thread, you're dangerous miss :lachen:

I want to try Afroveda reeallll bad, it's awful. I think I'm about to crack :blush:

I'm hitting up the HV sale cause I want to try the Hydrasillica spritz, the Poo Bar and some other goodies I haven't sampled yet. I NEED nothing. I get on my own nerves! Oh, I think I want to get a Hair Therapy wrap.

@1st Bolded. I hope they have a Sale.

@2nd Bolded. I can't wait. Someone just 'gifted' me a Hydrasilica Spritz & the Cocosta Oil (which were 2 things on my list).......:love::love:

HE None Of Your Frizzness Leave In Conditioner
Argan Oil
Duo Tex Protein Conditioner
Half Wig
Goody Spin Pins
Scrunchies

Patiently waiting for Shescentit to open back up so I can acquire at least two more jars of that miracle marshmallow moisturizer. I travel in two weeks for work and I have only one full jar right now as I gave one away and I cannot afford to run out of my beloved MC.

Today I bought two yummy jars of the Shea Moisture Deep Masque. My hair is bouncy and soft with this DC.

I might get some HV Sitrinillah during the sale if I feel like it but my hair is devoted to Shescentit right now...and forever more. :) I might just settle with Shescentit & Shea Moisture for DC's since my hair is absolutely FABULOUS with them.

I might do a thread on Shescentit, its not my first time using them, but I actually gave the products a chance this time and I couldn't be happier. 9 of the 13 products in my regimen are made by them. :love:

I was gifted the Marshmallow Cream. Glad to hear it's working for you (that's good to know:yep:). I'm saving mine for Fall:blush:

I hope you do come back and do a SSI thread, I would love to read/respond to it.:grin:

I won't need to buy a lot this month. So far I bought 5 bottles of AO WC. I am going to start using mega-tek again so I also purchased garlic pills.

2 long wigs
Oyin Juices and Berries (used this tonight, will let you know how my hair is tomorrow T)
Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
Plastic caps for DC

3 Bottles of AO Island Naturals Conditioner
3 Bottles of Giovanni Direct Leave-In
1 Bottle of AO Island Naturals Shampoo
1 Bottle of AO GPB Conditioner
1 big Bottle of HE HH Conditioner
Oyin Juices and Berries
Oyin Funk Butter
Oyin Honey Wash
Oyin Afterbath Oil

Pure Monoi de Tahiti oil
Pure Frangiapani oil

They cost a fortune too, *sigh* but I wanted it so...

ETA: Just bought some L'olio Hair Food too. It has some good ingredients:-

SAPOTE OIL:
XIMENIA OIL
KUKUI NUT OIL
ROSEHIP OIL
PAPAYA OIL

I plan to use this for my HOT treats.

Last edited:
Back