Self Trimming Hard-to-Reach Areas

Does anyone know any tips/tricks on trimming dusting ends in unreachable areas? :confused: I am having the hardest time trimming my longest layer in the back evenly across. (approx 3.5 inches past shoulder). I cant reach it and am afraid to have someone do it.

Sounds like you need a trimming partner. lol! I'm thinking of acquiring one myself. In the meantime, train your significant other. If you show them exactly what you want or even mark a place on a t-shirt or something as a guide as to EXACTLY where you want you hair trimmed, show the lenght to trim using your finger as an index, etc. you'd be surprised how easily they can perform. I have natural hair so uneven trims are a little easier to disguise. But recently I flatironed and had similar difficulty trimming the back.

hth,
patient1

I know exactly what u mean. I've trimmed my hair back there and sometimes i cut off more than i planned on because i'm trying to get it even. I take a piece of my hair in the back and flip it in my fingers and somehow look at it while trimming. It's frustrating, takes a while to trim that part.

patient1 said:
Sounds like you need a trimming partner. lol! I'm thinking of acquiring one myself. In the meantime, train your significant other. If you show them exactly what you want or even mark a place on a t-shirt or something as a guide as to EXACTLY where you want you hair trimmed, show the lenght to trim using your finger as an index, etc. you'd be surprised how easily they can perform. I have natural hair so uneven trims are a little easier to disguise. But recently I flatironed and had similar difficulty trimming the back.

hth,
patient1

You know what? Come to think about it, I can put on dontspeakdefeat's hair growth t-shirt and tell people exactly what line I want my hair cut up to! Thanks for the idea.

Serenity

Update -- That hair growth progress shirt worked like a charm..I told my BF to trim up to line 3.5. Perfect!! Thank you Dont Speak Defeat!!

Back