self relaxed and did a rinse yestreday! LONG

newslady

good morning ladies,
i'm pretty happy w/ the results. decided to self-relax b/c my hairdresser just doesn't get my hair straight enuf. she doesn't believe in relaxing bone straight, which i understand, but when she does it i feel like i need a touch up two weeks later.

i'm a 4 a/b with highlights in the front and ULTRA RESISTANT hair in my kitchen and back crown area. so i sections off those areas and used mizani regular relaxer there first, waited five mins, used my wide tooth detangler comb (highly recommend it for better parting) to go through the rest of my hair and apply relaxer.
left my front hairline for last.
should also mention i based my scalp the night before with ors sheen spray, then used vaseline the day of my relaxer - around the edges and on my ears.
also coated my ends with mizani h20.

rinsed relaxer out in the shower using attachment, moisturfuse conditioner, neutralized, applied adore semi-permanent in spiced amber, sat under dryer w/ cap for 20 mins, rinsed, ors replenishing pack for 1 hr + no heat, rinsed and rollerset the crown and sides of my hair.

however my kitchen (back near nape) STILL feels a litte nappy (for lack of a better word) and i'll probably use neutralizing shampoo 3-4 times to make sure all the relaxer is out NEXT TIME. i'll also apply more vaseline on my edges.

any other suggestions on dealing with sections that are REALLY RESISTANT?
should i use mizani super there?

sorry don't have a digital camera so i can't share pics!

Back