Just Self relaxed with Mizani Butter Blends

You mentioned not wanting to deal with the difficulty in multiple textures, which is the issue I'm currently dealing with, so I do not suggest adding anything to Mizani BB. I have been using the MBB Mild system and I am switching over to the Mizani BB Regular and I'm not adding anything. My hair is relatively long but it's fine and susceptible to breakage and I have not had any breakage issues with this system.

You asked about using other products with the MBB relaxer and I wouldn't suggest that either. I've been using the entire system (honeyshield, etc.) for at least my last 2 relaxers (I think it's actually been 3 but I can't remember) and have not had a single problem other than the fact that the relaxer is exceptionally mild. I think it's a system that's meant to work in conjuction with everything supplied but that's just my opinion. I think the MBB Mild would be a a great relaxer for a natural interested in softening their texture without going really straight. I'm looking for a straighter result and I hope to achieve that tomorrow with the regular strength MBB. I'm actually going to have my stylist do a corrective to even this sucka out. HTH!

I wouldn't recoment adding anything to relaxer personally especially since you don't know how that will affect the relaxer chemically. I also recommend using the ENTIRE line or system. I was in cosmetology school and one thing you learn is that you will acheive better results when you use the entire line.

As far as those who came out underprocessed, smoothing is probably key and if you have the correct strength. Also read my previous post regarding lye relaxers. They're not intended to get your hair as straight as no-lye relaxers so keep that in mind.

Thanks ladies for your input. In this case I will make sure to do a good protein treatment before my relaxer application then. I actually love doing my own relaxer now and I eagerly look forward to my dates with my hair. I hate the fact that I can't effectively trim it myself, :ohwell:.

Neala, what do you think about the Nexxus Emergencee and the Aphogee 2 Step treatment for damaged hair? Do you think they are the same in efficacy or are there subtle differences in how they strengthen the hair.

i put a post up about my mizani bb experience too this past sunday. i came out underprocessed and have been trained by lhcf that it's sort of a good thing:drunk: but now that i've learned it's mild, i dont think i'll base as much as i did, and i may leave it in a tad bit longer, just without smoothing.....is that a good idea?

oh, all i used was the conditioner and shampoo. all that shield etc costs too much when i can use my own stuff. i do like this relaxer though

Back