Self-Deception and Authenticity

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hearing someone tell me things about myself that I don't believe or don't want to hear is tough. If one person tells me about my flaws, it's something to take a note of. If two people tell me, then I really need to acknowledge it.

Arrogance is when I think I can live life outside of God, on my own. God doesn't need me to be God but I need him to live righteously! Knowing this, I believe a self-check is vital with my walk with Christ, so I can be free to be who I am.

:pray: Lord help me to not be a person who knows more than I understand. Holy Spirit, help me to judge myself daily and to see where I can improve and where I am lacking. I don't want to be a performer. I desire to be an Authentic Christian. I pray for deliverance from any spirit of self-deception that will hinder my growth.

I don't want to be a Christian who keeps it "real". I want to be a Christian who is real.

Amen.

1 John 1:7-9
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Lord help me to keep in my heart that I am a sinner saved by grace and I am of your Righteousness. Help me not to use your Righteousness as an excuse to sin.

Amen.

Amen! We all are instructed to check ourselves to see if we are continuing to grow in our spiritual lives in the book of Timothy. I can't put my hand on the exact scripture right now but doing so and praying earnest heartfelt prayers to stay in balance and not be self deceived will do wonders for us all in our spiritual walks.

1 John 1:7-9

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Lord help me to keep in my heart that I am a sinner saved by grace and I am of your Righteousness. Help me not to use your Righteousness as an excuse to sin.

Amen.

Laela...

There's a song that I sing with my 'babies'...

"I am waling in the Light
Beau- ti - ful Light
We walk hand in hand with one another

I am walking in the Light
Beau -ti - ful Light
Jesus is the Light

We have fellowship with one another

I am walking in the Light
Beau - ti -ful Light
Jesus is a 'Friend of Mine"

My baibies love ths song; and of course we have a little 'dance' that goes with it... :happydance:

We never know what a 'post' may bring to light. Your's brought to me a song... a very special one indeed. :yep:

Thank you :grouphug2:

Shimmie, I'm glad this Scripture shed some light...as it did for me. Amen and amen... that Scripture reminds me that song "In the Light."

DC Talk's version was my favorite: :yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcXYOoUBG3Y

Blessings...

I like them, Laela! Beautiful voices. Now you have me listening to their album "Supernatural".

This song is nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmXavog1hlA&feature=fvw

It' reminds of how I feel and I love it... "Consumed in Christ Jesus"...

Good one... Shimmie! :yep:

Look at Toby... :laugh: he's one of my neighbors on Holiness Street in Twitterville ;)

Lord, help me not to be politically correct...it's a form of deception that will weaken my faith.

:rosebud:

Back