seborrheic dermatitis...I've stumbled onto something that might help

Ladykd9

Hey all you ladies suffering from seborrheic dermatitis. I was in the Health area of the board and stumbled across a thread regarding oil pulling(OP). I had no idea what it was and read the 2threads in there and gave it a try. It has been a true blessing. My scalp has not been this normal in years. OP is an alternative medicine type of thing(but there is no medication to take). I suggest everyone go and read the threads there, as I have also seen other benefits.

So, check out the thread it will have more info than I can put in one post. Just wanted to share w/my LHCF sisters that may not have been in that area of the boards.

Later,

KD

ETA: My dermatitis had gotten so bad that I HAD to wash my scalp 2X/wk or else the scales got really bad and the itching was too much to bear. Keep in mind I was trying to find something that was not a chemical or prescription. Although the prescription nizoral/Ketoconazole shampoo did work for me. I just did not like the fact that I had to use such harsh(to my hair and whatever it may do to my body) chemicals.

Last edited:
I just went and read the threads on oil pulling, it sounds great! And i'm glad it's helped your scalp! I will be trying it, I have seborrheic dermatitis as well, mine isn't real, real bad but it could be a lot better. So thanks a lot!! :yep:

Thank you-although I developed quite an aversion to oil pulling, if it will battle that sd monster I'm willing to try again. How long before you saw relief?

That's great!

I've been oping for a little over a month now, and I can't wait to see changes.

I believe that I have seborrheic dermatitis too...but I'm not sure. I was given Nizoral when I was a teen. I stopped using it, because it made my hair too dry. I even tried washing with Nizoral first and then another shampoo. After months of using it I just gave up. The problem got better, but I still have trouble with my scalp in the crown area...I believe that seborrheic dermatitis could be the cause.

Thanks for posting!:)

That OP thread is so big....can you brief us on the info. Are there many who experienced the same benefits...also what type of oil are you using, frequency and how long until you see the benefits?

I started OP 8/13/07 w/organic, expeller press, unrefined, sesame oil. I was pulling twice a day(morning and night, but kept me awake so switched to afternoon). I read the threads on this health form on LHCF, then I did a lot of reading on earth clinic site(not sure website, its in favorites on my computer) and then I did a lot of reading on curezone.com

From some of my research on seborrheic dermatitis, my conclusion was that I had a candida overgrowth or something like it that perhaps caused my scalp problem. I had not had any scalp issues till maybe 2-3yrs ago. My mother said I had it as a baby(cradle cap), but it went away. Now I figure, since for a while I was an ice cream junkie.:lachen: Yes, junkie(loved my oreo cookies and cream--from baskin robbins). The dairy in it probably triggered my problems.

Okay, back to OP. I think after the 2nd or 3rd OP session, I had a large amount of mucous drain from my sinuses(down throat). So if you are congested or if you have allergies, it can clear that right up. I think after that I began to notice that my scalp was not creating any scales, like it used to.

Okay, you guys are posting questions quicker than I can put this reply in.

Let me go to the thread and copy and past some info for you all here. I'll be right back

KD

Here is some info on how to do OP and some benefits(from oilpulling.com):

Quote:
Dr. F. Karach, M.D., presented a paper before the All-Ukrainian Association. The meeting was attended by oncologists and bacteriologists belonging to the Academy of Science of the USSR. Dr. Karach explained an unusual simple healing process using cold-pressed oils.

The results of this therapy invoked astonishment and doubt concerning the contents of his report. However, after further examining the workings of the oil therapy, one has but to then test it on oneself to prove its validity and effectiveness. It is most astonishing that such results can be achieved with this absolutely harmless biological healing method. This simple method makes it possible to effectively treat the most varied diseases, in some cases enabling one to avoid surgical intervention and the taking of medications that can have harmful side effects.The exciting factor of this healing method is its simplicity. It consists of swishing cold-pressed oil in the mouth( Sunflower or Seasme, Pl. note you don't need to go for organic oils only, A normal refined sunflower oil bought from any supermarket proven to be effective in many people). The healing process is accomplished by the human organism on its own. In this way it is possible to heal cells, tissue and all organs simultaneously; the body itself gets rid of toxic waste without disturbing the healthy microflora. Dr. Karach says human beings are living only half their life span. They could potentially live healthy to be 140 to 150 years old.

The method
In the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and Dr Karach puts it as ' sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. If the oil is still yellow, it has not been pulled long enough.It is then spit from the mouth , the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and good old fingers to clean.

Clean the sink properly, you can use some antibacterial soap to clean the sink. Because the spittle contains harmful bacteria and toxic bodily waste. If one were to see one drop of this liquid magnified 600 times under a microscope, one would see microbes in their first stage of development.

It is important to understand that during the oil-pulling/swishing process one's metabolism is intensified. This leads to improved health. One of the most striking results of this process is the fastening of loose teeth, the elimination of bleeding gums and the visible whitening of the teeth.

The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach.

Precautions
(a) Do not swallow. The oil should be spat out. But inadvertently if you swallow there is nothing to worry. It will go out through faeces. Nothing is to be done.

(b) If you are allergic to a particular brand of oil, change the brand of oil or oil itself to different oil.

(c) Sunflower and Sesame oil have been found to be equally effective in curing diseases. Other oils were not found to be as good. Do not blame oil pulling by practicing with other oils. Use refined oils.

Results of Oil Pulling
The result of this healing research has attracted amazement and resulted in further research. This additional research concerning Oil Therapy has now been thoroughly documented, especially with regard to physiological similarities between individuals. It is surprising that through this biological healing method a wide variety of symptoms have unquestionably disappeared without any side-effects. This simple method makes it possible completely heal such a wide variety of diseases which would normally be treated by an operation or by powerful or potent Drugs, usually with significant side-effects.

The simplicity of this healing system in which Oil is swirled backwards and forwards in the mouth, is due to the stimulating effect which it has on the body's eliminatory system.

Through this method it is possible to heal individual cells, cell conglomerates such as lymph nodes and more complex tissues such as internal organs simultaneously. This occurs because the beneficial microflora throughout the body are provided with a healthy continuum. Without this natural bodily intrusive element evinced by the microflora the usual pattern of human health tends to lean towards illness rather than wellness. Dr. Karach anticipates that regular application of this treatment by reversing this process so that wellness is the dominant state of the human body is likely to increase the average human lifespan to approximately 150 years, double the present life expectancy.

Dr. Karach is supported in this view by other colleagues in the world.
By means of this treatment {Oil } it is invariably the result that diseases like migraine headaches, bronchitis, diseased teeth, arterio thrombosis, chronic blood disorders such as leukemia, arthritis and related illnesses, neuro physiological paralysis, eczema, gastro enteritis, peritonitis, heart disease, kidney disease, meningitis, and women’s hormonal disorders are completely eliminated from the organism. The benefit of Dr. Karach's method is that the oil therapy heals the whole body in perpetuity. In terminal diseases such as cancer, Aids and chronic infections this treatment method has been shown to successfully replace all others. Dr. Karach has successfully healed a chronic leukemia patient with 15 years of harsh treatment methods behind him. Acute arthritis in 1 patient who was totally bedridden was removed from his body in 3 days with no inflammation apparent.

NOTE: The recommended oils to use are Sunflower Oil, Seasme Oil. We are receiving many emails about which oil to use. Our experience with thousands of people across the globe says USE COLD PRESSED OIL as first choice, if it is not available use REFINED OIL ( which seems to be effective in the process too). We have observed that any oil other than SUNFLOWER or SEASME may not be effective.

Now several people use other kinds of oil w/much success. Coconut oil is very good. But w/any oil you should try to get unrefined(very lightly processed and in its purest form). I use coconut and sesame oil.

Last edited:
If you all have questions, feel free to post them here and I will try to answer them tomorrow. I as actually on my way to bed(east coaster here). I have a lot of studying to do tomorrow. I will also pick try to pick some smaller tid bits to give you more info. Sorry I could not stay later.

Night,

KD

ETA: you can also click on my call name and view some of my prior post from those threads(that would be less to go through than the entire OP thread).

Haha...thats funny you mention that b/c I did just that (searching on your name). I think the benefits of OP seem great but I'm such a lazy one in the morning I don't feel like I have time plus the swishing makes me gag. I did buy the oil....maybe I will try with a smaller amount. Are you swirling or forcing the oil through your mouth/teeth?

Thanks for the responses and info. I have a lot of skin issues and so far the fish oil hasn't helped like I thought efa would...I have really tiny dry marks around the hairs on my arm, dermatitis, and that chicken skin thing (forget the name), sad part is my moms skin literally looks like poured chocolate..I'm so jealous.

Hello:wave:
Just wat to add that when I take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil daily, my SD flareups are greatly reduced. I tried just taking the gelcaps, but no results.

Hello:wave:
Just wat to add that when I take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil daily, my SD flareups are greatly reduced. I tried just taking the gelcaps, but no results.

Hey nicki, I have been taking flaxseed oil caps(just for good health), I'm not sure if it helped the SD(but maybe it reduced it some w/o me knowing). But after the oil pulling, there was a drastic difference so I had no choice but to notice. It got to the point where the hair in my temple areas were thining and now it looks so much better.

senimoni I pushe and pull the oil through my teeth as well as swirling it from side to side. But w/light force, not fast or hard. I'm not sure what kind of oil you used that caused the gagging, but you might want to try some light oils. For instance, some people use EVOO, but that is very thick(I never tried using it to OP but I know it is thick). Oils like sesame, sunflower and coconut are much thiner and once you continue to pull the oil w/your saliva, it does not even seem like it is oil anymore. There were some people on that thread that were doing it for achne and other skin issues.

I actually wanted to see if OP would help my infected tooth and menstral cramps. The SD relief was just an added surprise. My tooth infection seems to be getting better, not sure about the menstral cramps yet(but it has not been long since I have been OP).

DivaRox what was it that gave you an aversion for OP(just the OP itself)? I know for me, the "idea" of swishing oil gave me more of an "eeewwww" felling than the act itself. Maybe b/c I saw results quickly I got hooked.LOL The very 1st time I noticed my teeth felt cleaner; the same feeling you get when the dentist cleans them. And my breath was fresh all day, including not having morning breath.

tru_mind the best way I can describe SD would be you skin cells grow at a faster rate causing scales(not just the reg little flakes) that when shed or pulled from the scalp the skin is often red and somewhat inflammed. There are probably less severe and more severe cases, but that's my best description. Also another way to tell is, SD is not just about dry scalp. Often my scalp won't be dry, but slightly oily so "oiling/mosturizing" the scalp is not the issue. Hope that helps in the self diagnosis(a few years ago mine got so bad I went to dermatologist and was actually diagnosed w/SD). I agree, the nizoral and dandruff shampoos are often too drying to the hair.

Okay ladies, good luck w/the battle against SD.

Have a great day!

KD

Sigh... okay I'll try it. I heard about OP and I am intrigued but I'm afraid even the thought of trying it turns my stomach :perplexed I've got to do something about this SD. My rollerset looks fabulous after 11 weeks post relaxer but my scalp is almost completely crusted over and I just washed in on Sunday!!!

Back