Scriptures that back up.....

cclark1

Are there scriptures that back up, "When praise goes up, blessings come down." If you know of any, please share!

I believe that this is not literal, but here's a start
Deut. 28

And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these BLESSINGS shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

Psalms 47
1 O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.
3 He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
4 He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.
5 God is gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
6 Sing PRAISES to God, sing PRAISES: sing PRAISES unto our King, sing PRAISES. 7 For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye PRAISES with understanding.
8 God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.
9 The princes of the people are gathered together, even the people of the God of Abraham: for the shields of the earth belong unto God: he is greatly exalted.
Psalm 144

Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
3 LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!
4 Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6 Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
7 Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;
8 Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing PRAISES unto thee. 10 It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.
11 Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
12 That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:
13 That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:
14 That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets.
15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
HTH.

Are there scriptures that back up, "When praise goes up, blessings come down." If you know of any, please share!

Ephesians 1:3

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

With God, he is about structure and pattern for our behavior. We are to bless him. Look at the stories of Abraham, Joseph, Moses. God requires us to "do" something so that he can move us to the next level. He required moses to have the faith to follow him, He required Abraham to have faith to follow him and leave his family in order that God could bless him with all the land. He required Joseph to trust him even while he was being sold into slavery by his own brothers so that God could release the blessings that he had for him

It is a pattern in the Bible that those who continue to praise God and maintain their faith in him, that he blesses them. That may be where the song comes from too. It is just a simple way of letting people know that if you continue to praise God in the midst of circumstances, God will release the blessings because he knows that you are not seeing the natural, but only the supernatural power that he has over these natural situations.

Last edited:
My pastor used a teaching from Acts 16 to demonstrate this. Read the scripture its really very powerful. I'm not sure that I can elaborate it as well as he did, but as Paul and Silas were serving God and cast out a demon from a particular women, then they were persecuted and sent to prison. They had been badly beaten and were in chains sitting in their cells, but despite their condition, at midnight they praised the Lord:

25And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

26And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

This is a great example of praising God no matter what your circumstances. The way my pastor explained it, God was soooo moved by their praise and worship that He moved in a MIGHTY way, shook up the place and released them from their bonds. At the end of the day even the prison gaurd became saved when he saw how awesome God is.

Hope this helps, it really showed me how God truly "inhabits the praises of His people".

sheba

Back