Schizo Hair...What Hair Type Am I?

Christelyn

Okay girls, I need your help. I've decided to go whole-heartedly into the bun challenge, but when I did my before pic today (below and in avatar) and noticed my hair--which looked pretty darned healthy (thanks to LHCF). But note from the picture, it was soaking wet. When it dries, it's a hot, nappy mess. Am I 4a, b, or xyz?

Attachments

• Photo 48.jpg
    Photo 48.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Photo 44.jpg
    Photo 44.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 64
I'm not sure of the texture, but you have very pretty hair!

Happy growing!

nikki

Coming from you, that's quite a compliment! Now if I can get it and long and beautiful and yours I'll be in bitness!

Anyone else have fairly smooth, curly hair when wet and nap-snappy when dry? How can I keep it looking the way it looks when it's wet?

thanks chica :)

And to answer that question, MOISTURE! I tried every product under the sun that promised defined, silky, frizz free curls. All I got was crunchy spirals that broke off on the ends. Sometimes, the products would yield good results, but my hair still wasn't healthy, and would poof up at the slightest hint of humidity.

Leaving in conditioner after showering is the only thing that works for me. You get to keep the definition you notice (and adore) while in the shower, even outside of the shower! If you haven't gone down that road yet, give it a try. If someone would've told me 3 years ago that I'd be using conditioner to style...and not gel...I would've told them they'd lost their mind! Moisturized hair=defined hair. Period.

I leave-in Devacare One C and Jessiurl WDT. Only the Devacare One C has a cone it, but it is far down the list. I shampoo once every week or two with Giovanni 50/50 or Tea Tree, and my hair doesn't have issues with build up at all. In fact, my hair is healthier than it has ever been.

I also henna once or twice a month, and this strips the hair of build-up, so between this and the Giovanni, I don't have build up problems at all.

do you have any closeup pictures where your hair has been left to curl / kink naturally? form the 1st picture, it looks like you're within the 3 range. maybe a 3b or 3c. but there is no way to determine your natural curl pattern (hair type) with your hair in a bun.

I leave-in Devacare One C and Jessiurl WDT. Only the Devacare One C has a cone it, but it is far down the list. I shampoo once every week or two with Giovanni 50/50 or Tea Tree, and my hair doesn't have issues with build up at all. In fact, my hair is healthier than it has ever been.

I also henna once or twice a month, and this strips the hair of build-up, so between this and the Giovanni, I don't have build up problems at all.

Im sorry op, i dont have any advice; AS A MATTER OF FACT, I NEEED SOME.

BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY TO CN. YOUR HAIR IS FIYYYAH!!!!!!!!!!

......................ok ya'll carry on in here:look:.

I say 3c. I don't see any 3b or type 4 in there.

I was going to ask if your were texturized too... I know some naturals have hair that kind of looks relaxed when it isn't, I guess your texture is just soft. I think that when my hair gets a little longer it'll look similar. It's cute :)

I say 3c. I don't see any 3b... there may be some 4a though.

I was going to ask if your were texturized too... I know some naturals have hair that kind of looks relaxed when it isn't, I guess your texture is just soft. I think that when my hair gets a little longer it'll look similar. It's cute :)

I say 3c. I don't see any 3b... there may be some 4a though.

It's funny my hair has changed since I had babies...the curl is looser. I used a Denman brush in the shower so I think it smoothed my hair a little more than usual.

Back