Scandalous hairdresser

Plenty

This male hair dresser has been begging me to date him every time I went to his hair salon.

I always do my best to ignore his sexual innuendoes and inappropriateness, as to not embarrass him.

One day I got tired of him and stopped coming for a couple months.

I had to go back to him yesterday though because I had a very bad hair emergence, I used Aphogee on health hair and my hair came out plus the fact that I had given myself an under processed relaxer, my hair breaking so much I couldn’t even comb it!

I went to him. He did seem to happy, not sure why. Anyways he leaves the relaxer on way longer than I remember him doing the last time.

To my shock, my hair has lost every wave, still kind of has it’s same bounce, but extremely thinner.

Did he do it on purpose?

Is my hair over processed at all? How can I tell?

Thank you for you time, please respond.
:cry:

I feel like calling him right now and demanding my money back!

Sounds scandalous to me. I just wouldnt go back after I tell him wtf he did to my hair. If it was overprocessed then it would probaly be breaking off and dry at least from what Ive read.

Girl I'm sorry this happened to you. You really needed to tell him about himself the moment this happened. Just make sure you wash and deep condition your hair twice a week for the next few eeks. Keep it moisturized at all times. As to the thinning, do you think that may have been caused before you went to the salon since you stated you had breakage? Either way baby your hair back to health and don't go back to that stylist. By the way, I live in Charlotte too, who was this scandalous stylist?

I really don't understand why you would even go back to him. He was sexually harrassing you. So you chose your hair over being respected? I hope it was worth it. Sorry to sound so negative but that really baffles me.

Yes, this is Scandiculous!!! Scandulous and Ridiculous. You need to take him to Judge Mathis so everybody will know what a jerk he really is. Sexual harrassment, mad at you (he probably heard or just know how you feel about his unwanted advances) and took it out on your head. That's really low of him. Good Luck, and let us know if you take him to court.

I don't think he did it,you don't say what hair treatment he did do. If he changed his way or did he flirt with you agian this trip? I don't condone his actions it is not professional and taught not to do so in beauty school. Send him a letter, let him know how you feel. be polite and profesional, you aparintly like his work.

uhm, didnt you say your hair was jacked up to begin with?? breaking and snapping?? how much longer than usual could he have left the relaxer on to the point that you didnt even say anything?? whatever he wouldve done to your hair would not have had it looking normal in one salon visit anyways. sorry to sound so down, but i dont find an issue with the hairdresser's work.

I really don't understand why you would even go back to him. He was sexually harrassing you. So you chose your hair over being respected? I hope it was worth it. Sorry to sound so negative but that really baffles me.
GOOD POINT.

I'm not understanding what made you go back to HIM ONLY. There are many many other hairdressers that you can go to that will not sexual harrass you. Please don't waste your time with him any longer. Ask a family member, friend or co-worker where they get there hair done.

I live in charlotte too. Um er uh, the salon wouldn't happen to be off of Arrowwood Rd, would it??? :look: I bet i can name that person.... :lachen:

Well I have been a loyal customer of Ester at Salon on Carmel. she is a very good hair care stylist. I don't go to her anymore becuase i live on the opposite side of town now and she tended to take off too much when trimming. I just recently started going to the Hair Cuttery in the University area. a stylist named Louisa will hook up a your relaxer. do not let Melissa relax your hair because we had a convo while she was rollersetting me and she said that she relax the clients whole length of hair when she gives touch-ups so it can be ultra straight and then had the nerve to say that she then gives the client a supermoisturizing deep cond treatment.... as if that would correct the damage that she just caused. Man, i tell ya..... But everyone in the store can do a good rollerset, just be careful when choosing someone to do your relaxer.

Sorry this happened. I also have to agree with ThickHair. Don't sacrifice ANYTHING to put up with harassment and bad service.

In the future, NEVER get a relaxer if your hair is already breaking!!! Regardless of how long he left the relaxer on, you would've lost hair anyway.

Baby your hair and don't get anymore chemical services until your hair is healthy again!

Did you mean to say he didn't seem too happy or he did seem a bit too happy???

That fewl should have known what your condition was before he even began. How unprofessional! Does he do this with all of his female clients???

It sounds to me he did it on purpose. I betcha he never let a relaxer sit on your hair that long before you stopped going to him for a couple of months

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. :nono: It is a shame. But I have to agree with some of the ladies that you should not have gone back to him. Halfway down after reading your story I had a feeling that he would pull this mess. :angry: Didn't you say to him that I need to be rinsed out now??? When getting a perm by my hairstylist I always check the time that she puts it on.

Honestly, I don't let a man do my hair for many reasons. :nono:

My explanation

I know you guys think I stupid for going back there.

But you don't understand this guy does the BOMB job!

And I depended on him since I such horrible experence with others. So yeah I just a little desperate.

I won't say where in charlotte he is becase I was taught not to be a gossip, the people who go there like him though.

I promised my self I wouldn't go back there because I see him put relaxer on most of the leghth of other clients hair. I asked him about it, and he said that it's hard not overlap a little. The reason he took out every curl out of my was to avoid "demarcation lines," not sure what that means, hes the hair expert not me. So I trusted him. OH well! :ohwell:

I figured it would hurt to go to him for that one emergence untill I found another hair dresser.

When I got there he told me that I "shouldn't be a strager, and that I will stop harrassing u." I tried to play it off and pretended I didn't know what he was talking about. I said "Oh, no it's not that I just didn't have time to come"
I was lying.

N-E ways I called him this morning and told him I was dissapointed with the job he did yesterday and demanand my $ 60 back as tackfully as posssible. He said " I do relaxer everyday, I did not overprocess your hair" WHATEVER

He said he would give me my more back today, but that hardly makes up for the two years I spend growing out my hair and all the money I spent on braids.

Lifes to short, I had my couple days to be depressed. :( I'll find away to grow it back out again.

Thanks for you comments and support N-E ways.

I just need to make sure I wasn't see things, and apprently I wasn't.

P.S. Special thanks to Mizani_Mrs, I will to the Unversity Hair Cuttery Next. I really appreicate the "heads up"

Last edited:
toinette said:
uhm, didnt you say your hair was jacked up to begin with?? breaking and snapping?? how much longer than usual could he have left the relaxer on to the point that you didnt even say anything?? whatever he wouldve done to your hair would not have had it looking normal in one salon visit anyways. sorry to sound so down, but i dont find an issue with the hairdresser's work.
I would have to agree. If your hair was already breaking and shedding a relaxer I would think would be the last thing you would want done. A relaxer does relax and in some cases if the hair is thin it will make it flat as well. :ohwell: sorry.

ThickHair said:

I agree

Plus ur hair was already damaged before u went back to him..dont blame him blame urself

Back