Sareca ..... Need a little more help on the Red Palm Creme

XXXtacy

:wave: I am gathering the items you sugested for my red palm creme. I don't know what I am looking for. Lecithin seems like a granulated vitamin. Searching lotioncrafter for collagen gives a lot of products but non specific to just collagen.

How much of each should I use....

lecithin
collagen
mango butter
red palm oil/butter
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Silk Amino Acids
Honeyquat
emu oil (I usually use solid emu and have a very small amount of ultra oil)
msm

Thanks for all your help.

Sareca...I wanna know too...wat is this good for? pre pooing? to strenghten the hair...i tried PM yesterday but it was too full...just sent you a messg on sumthng else too.:)

myztiquecleo said:
Sareca...I wanna know too...wat is this good for? pre pooing? to strenghten the hair...i tried PM yesterday but it was too full...just sent you a messg on sumthng else too.:)

I use it for hot oil treatments, pre-poo, sealing my ends, and as a moisturizer. Basically it will do any out-of-shower stuff (except heat protection). It makes a great daily product (it's very moisturizing, nutrient dense, and has a little protein).

Last edited:
I wanna pm too..I have a big ole jar of red palm oil that I have know idea what to do with..so if I can use it up I would be ever so happy.

ETA: Sareca, that new picture in your siggy has me cracking up..with your eyes blurred out you look like a soul-less, demon child..LOL..love dem twist

Last edited:
sareca said:
Uh-oh, my mailbox must be full again. I'll clean it out and PM you both.

It's still full :perplexed Could I please get the instructions I am dying to try it out, it sounds like something my hair would LOVE!! Thanks!! :)

starfish79 said:
It's still full :perplexed Could I please get the instructions I am dying to try it out, it sounds like something my hair would LOVE!! Thanks!! :)

On it. I get a lot of PMs and I don't want to delete all my old ones. :(

ETA: Keen, Jas123, edrushuk, Mestiza, Nita81, starfish79 your PMs are on the way.

Last edited:
Hey, Sareca! I'm interested in your recipe also. :)

Just a suggestion: You could post your recipe in your journal or fotki so you're not getting bombarded with requests (if it's not already) :lol:

amr501 said:

Just a suggestion: You could post your recipe in your journal or fotki so you're not getting bombarded with requests (if it's not already) :lol:

Good idea. I also am sitting on a jar of Red Palm Oil dying to make something with it.

tnorenberg said:
Good idea. I also am sitting on a jar of Red Palm Oil dying to make something with it.

I used it straight for months before I started making stuff with it. Crack that baby open. :yep:

The recipe is on it's way...

amr501 said:

That's where it is... :yep:

000_2094-vi.jpg

My lastest version. It absorbs into the hair much faster than my previous version.

Ladies you don't have to have all the ingredients to make a whipped butter cream. The bare minimums are oil, a hard butter, emu oil, and lecithin. If you have those you can make any kinda of cream just by beating it with a hand mixer over an ice bath. It might take 2-3 minutes but it will eventually come together and the lecithin and emu oil will help it stay there. You can make a mango & alma cream, a kemi oyl & illipe butter cream, a shea and grapeseed oil... pick whatever oils your hair likes and use your imagination.

Lecithin is a natural perservative but add a few drops of vitamin e oil too (4 drops/lb).

If you want to add silk, honeyquat, etc... add them after you've melted and mixed all the oils/butter together, but before the ice bath. The butter and oil should be about 50-50%. It's just that simple.

Start today. Use whatever's in the house. If you don't have emu oil and lecithin make sure you add vitamin e (or another perservative). Your mix will probably separate after a few days (kinda like peanut butter does) that's ok, just stir it up and keep on truckin'. :yep: Somehow I made mine complicated, but that is certainly NOT a requirement. This should be a nice easy mix that's tailor made for YOUR hair.

Last edited:
:clap: Sareca, thank you, thank you, thank you...I'll be trying this out ASAP. Your instructions seem simple enough, and very thorough! I tried to make something like this on my own and it didn't work so well I'm excited to experiment with a proven technique!:woot:

:yay: I'm glad you're excited. I hate to sound like a nike commerical but "just do it."

This recipe is easier than making meringue. It takes longer but the process is identical but not nearly as picky as eggs about whipping up. I whip mine a few times over a couple of days so that it's extra smooth and extra creamy and extra light. That is NOT a requirement either, but it does add that wow-factor to the finished product.

Last edited:
OK, now that we got that straight. I wanna see some pics! As many mixologists around here I KNOW you'll got some made already.

Last edited:
sareca said:
Ladies you don't have to have all the ingredients to make a whipped butter cream. The bare minimums are oil, a hard butter, emu oil, and lecithin. If you have those you can make any kinda of cream just by beating it with a hand mixer over an ice bath. It might take 2-3 minutes but it will eventually come together and the lecithin and emu oil will help it stay there. You can make a mango & alma cream, a kemi oyl & illipe butter cream, a shea and grapeseed oil... pick whatever oils your hair likes and use your imagination.

Lecithin is a natural perservative but add a few drops of vitamin e oil too (4 drops/lb).

If you want to add silk, honeyquat, etc... add them after you've melted and mixed all the oils/butter together, but before the ice bath. The butter and oil should be about 50-50%. It's just that simple.

Start today. Use whatever's in the house. If you don't have emu oil and lecithin make sure you add vitamin e (or another perservative). Your mix will probably separate after a few days (kinda like peanut butter does) that's ok, just stir it up and keep on truckin'. :yep: Somehow I made mine complicated, but that is certainly NOT a requirement. This should be a nice easy mix that's tailor made for YOUR hair.

:( I jusr order all of my items. It's gonna take me a minute before I can mix this up.

Last edited:
Back