Salon that does natural hair in the Maryland area

DaughterOfZion1

Hey Ladies

My best friend is looking for a stylist that can blowdry and trim her 4a/4b hair.

Can you guys make any suggestions?

Thanks!

i made a similar thread in the salon section. it was a few months ago.

one thing i will warn, i went to one of the places recommended. the stylist who i made the appointment there wasnt there. we had a lengthy conversation about what i wanted, and when i got there, someone else said they'd be doing my hair. i wrongly "assumed" she knew of the conversation. my stylist was really nice, but, she used grease to flat iron my hair. which i hate, bc my hair is fine, and grease weighs it down, and to me is just plain gross. then she didnt straighten my roots. so, i had a good 1/2 inch(it mightve only been 1/4 inch) of curlly roots, which straight hair. it was very noticable. i do like the fact she took into consideration the fact i wrap my hair, so she made it really curly, so i would have volume over the week. and the style lasted, but i couldnt get over my roots and the grease. so i'll probably never go back.

the positives of the experience was no waiting times, it took 1 (maybe 1.5 max) hour from the time i walked in the door to walking out. again, the stylist "seemed" knowledgeable about natural hair, and we talked about my decision to transition. i told her i didnt want it big chopped yet, nor did i want it trimmed, and there was no arguement. she was a really nice person as well. and i liked the atmosphere of the salon.

Last edited:
I would suggest her to try a dominican salon. There are several in the dc/dc/va area. go to roundhairbrush.com them check one out. I currently go to Schevilies in Bowie, Md every now and then.

Back