Salon RUINED MY PROGRESS! pic

Golong

PictureorVideo003.jpg

My hair WAS on it way to healthy with my TLC. It became thick at the scalp do to the growth/stretching and I got scared. I thought I made so much progress I dont want to *** it up. No more than 4 days later from relaxing at a salon I see shedding/breakage. Its been a few weeks now and has got so much worse. It won't stop shedding! this is not a weeks worth of hair. This is from combing only 1time through. I want to cry, she ruined all my progress.

That is not alot of hair at all.. Normal shedding is 80-100 strands a day

PictureorVideo003.jpg

My hair WAS on it way to healthy with my TLC. It became thick at the scalp do to the growth/stretching and I got scared. I thought I made so much progress I dont want to *** it up. No more than 4 days later from relaxing at a salon I see shedding/breakage. Its been a few weeks now and has got so much worse. It won't stop shedding! this is not a weeks worth of hair. This is from combing only 1time through. I want to cry, she ruined all my progress.

PictureorVideo003.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that. Did she use a very strong relaxer? She probably saw all that NG and thought you needed a super...however I don't think ANYONE needs a super in my opinion. Or maybe she left it on too long? Do you have chemical burns?

First off (((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))) girl I just looked in your fotki and your hair is beautiful and you can come back from this!!!!!!! You can baby your hair and have it back in shape in no time!! I am so sorry this happen to you but you can get it back in shape try not to worry and get babying your hair.

I'm sorry to hear that. Did she use a very strong relaxer? She probably saw all that NG and thought you needed a super...however I don't think ANYONE needs a super in my opinion. Or maybe she left it on too long? Do you have chemical burns?
She used affirm. I don't know what strength. she was very rough with my hair while smoothing the relaxer over and over. Then when she shampooed it out she was scratching my head with her nails shaking the scalp vigorously to the point it hurt. I knew it was too much manipulating for after a chemical treatment. Im sure I have chemical damage :(

First off (((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))) girl I just looked in your fotki and your hair is beautiful and you can come back from this!!!!!!! You can baby your hair and have it back in shape in no time!! I am so sorry this happen to you but you can get it back in shape try not to worry and get babying your hair.
Thank you. It progressively been getting worse. I am thinking of washing it now and sleeping with condish. what do yall think? Is it bad to sleep with wet hair. Don't want further damage

You could try using a neutralizing shampoo and a protein treatment (or henna) followed by a deep moisturizing conditioner. HTH
1.gif

You could try using a neutralizing shampoo and a protein treatment (or henna) followed by a deep moisturizing conditioner. HTH
1.gif
only protein I have is ORS hair mayo. Do you have other protein recommendations or is that good enough? Thanks for your help and hug:)

Thank you. It progressively been getting worse. I am thinking of washing it now and sleeping with condish. what do yall think? Is it bad to sleep with wet hair. Don't want further damage

You could do that! Many of us have done an overnight deep condition, successfully. Many times after washing my hair, I have to go to bed w/ damp hair and it hasn't harmed my hair.

You could do that! Many of us have done an overnight deep condition, successfully. Many times after washing my hair, I have to go to bed w/ damp hair and it hasn't harmed my hair.
I'm getting sleepy so I'm just braided two ponytails and slathered on ORS hair mayo. in the morning I will nurtalize and then deep condish under the hood dryer. thanks yall. NITE.

only protein I have is ORS hair mayo. Do you have other protein recommendations or is that good enough? Thanks for your help and hug:)

I've never used that. That may be sufficient, especially if a stronger protein has already been used.

Do you have something along the lines of Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner, Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum or Joico K-pak? I've used those and they work great! If you only have the ORS Mayo, then give it a try.

She used affirm. I don't know what strength. she was very rough with my hair while smoothing the relaxer over and over. Then when she shampooed it out she was scratching my head with her nails shaking the scalp vigorously to the point it hurt. I knew it was too much manipulating for after a chemical treatment. Im sure I have chemical damage :(

I guess after such harsh treatment your hair would shed. Especially the OVER smoothing...and she probably re-relaxer the already relaxed hair.

On to solutions...Take charge of your hair...if you're in the salon chair and you don't like something...walk out, tell them to stop, but don't sit there and suffer. You've worked too hard caring for your beautiful hair.

Do some CW, oil rinses, and deep protein conditioning to get your hair right. Just baby it for about a month. Low manipulation.

I'm getting sleepy so I'm just braided two ponytails and slathered on ORS hair mayo. in the morning I will nurtalize and then deep condish under the hood dryer. thanks yall. NITE.

That sounds like a good plan. I hope that it works for you. It's my bedtime, too. YW and goodnight!
11.gif

Hey what happened Did you deep condition? Your Hair can be saved its all in what you do these next few weeks. Baby your hair like a newborn with colic, start vitamins and deep conditioning every 4 days. Low manipulation hair styles and only the best products you can afford. And don't Don't ever go back there again,.. Friend..:yep:

Girl, just leave your hair alone. :)

quote=Mestiza;2798715]I've never used that. That may be sufficient, especially if a stronger protein has already been used.

Do you have something along the lines of Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner, Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum or Joico K-pak? I've used those and they work great! If you only have the ORS Mayo, then give it a try.[/quote]

If the DC doesn't work after a few weeks, Elastica Q control serum will be my plan B. In the past I learned my needed more moisture than protein. That too maybe because I haven't found the right balance:ohwell:;so I've been steerinmg clear of protein all together. Any way, I will give it a try- thanks. for the suggestions.

I am so sorry this happened to you! Stay encouraged because you have made very good progress from your starting point. You've been given really good advice so far. I don't have much too add, just wanted to give you some support. I can relate to how you feel....the EXACT same thing happened to me on my last salon visit. I have been breaking ever since. Do a 2 week trial, where you are just co washing, no poo, try to cowash and DC twice a week. You also might benefit from Aphogee 2 min constructor while you are in the shower.

I guess after such harsh treatment your hair would shed. Especially the OVER smoothing...and she probably re-relaxer the already relaxed hair.

On to solutions...Take charge of your hair...if you're in the salon chair and you don't like something...walk out, tell them to stop, but don't sit there and suffer. You've worked too hard caring for your beautiful hair.

Do some CW, oil rinses, and deep protein conditioning to get your hair right. Just baby it for about a month. Low manipulation.
You aint lying. I did say
"should you be manipulating the while its processing".

Stylist-"girl I've been doing this for years. you got a lot of new growth-want it to be smooth don't you?" she was smiling-I WASN'T!

ME-"yes but not bone straight"
After she continued to be rough on my hair I should have walk...I've done it before, but this time i'm in a chair with chemicals in my hair. Do I walk or let her continue. ITs a tough call. I know I don't know alot about hair in general, but I have learn alot about my own. and I knew I was going to have reprocussions by the way she was handling it:nono:. Just didn't know everytime I put a comb or fingers to my hair that much would come out!

Girl, just leave your hair alone. :)
that's what I thought too and I did nothing about the little shedding i was getting in the beginning. Now the shedding is out of control and I have to be proactive to make it stop! Dont worry I wont get crazy with a ton of magic potions:drunk:. (already learned my lesson with that:yep:)

I am so sorry this happened to you! Stay encouraged because you have made very good progress from your starting point. You've been given really good advice so far. I don't have much too add, just wanted to give you some support. I can relate to how you feel....the EXACT same thing happened to me on my last salon visit. I have been breaking ever since. Do a 2 week trial, where you are just co washing, no poo, try to cowash and DC twice a week. You also might benefit from Aphogee 2 min constructor while you are in the shower.
Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I need it:look:

Hey what happened Did you deep condition? Your Hair can be saved its all in what you do these next few weeks. Baby your hair like a newborn with colic, start vitamins and deep conditioning every 4 days. Low manipulation hair styles and only the best products you can afford. And don't Don't ever go back there again,.. Friend..:yep:
I'm never going back there again. Its funny because my friend goes there and she recommend me. I'm always admiring the good job they do on her hair. So I said what- the- heck. She told me to go to a specific stylist but I didn't end up with her doing my hair. When I got back my freind asked me how it went, and did I like the stylist. I told her I had another girl-Robin. She looked at me like I had said a curse word. Whats wrong with Robin? I said. My friend said she hears bad things about her, & she really only does braids/twist/weaves and such. NOT relaxers. I knew from that plus my experience with her that my hair was in trouble. :(

Last edited:
Hey I just woke up. I'm about to nutralize then deep condish under the hooddryer for about 40mins. I'll keep yall posted. Thanks for the great info. Next time I'm gonna keep my butt home and relax it myself like I had been. I Know if I have any questions or problems I can just shout you ladies out.

:bighug::kiss: Sweetie, think about how often you combed your hair. If you only combed it one day out of 4 or 5, then that's not a lot of hair. I think when you relax, you naturally shed dead hairs. Don't be alarmed. Your hair is really beautiful. Don't go back to that salon. She was too rough with your hair. :cry:

Hang in there. You're still moving towards progress...

ETA: I agree with the other ladies who said that you can deep condition twice a week. Perhaps do a hard protein, followed by a deep moisturizing condition. Henna works, too, but I can't do henna until a few weeks after a touch-up. The henna sometimes leads to too much manipulation and that's not what you want with freshly relaxed hair.

SP

Last edited:

Ugh! THat takes me right back to beauty school. I would ask one of the African american students to wash my hair and without fail they would scratch the heck out of my scalp. It got to the point where I would ask the caucasian students to it because they were always more gentle. Meanwhile whenever I had an african American client I'd always get "Girl you don't have to be scared to wash my head!" (even my own mother!:lachen:) And saying "Its better for your scalp if I don't rake my fingernails across it" was like talking to a brick wall.

I'm so sorry you had such a bad salon experience.

Aww, that sucks! :nono:

Hopefully the neutralizing and dc will curb it. I don't see why ORS mayo wouldn't be able to help with this.

Keep us posted lady ;)

If the DC doesn't work after a few weeks, Elastica Q control serum will be my plan B. In the past I learned my needed more moisture than protein. That too maybe because I haven't found the right balance:ohwell:;so I've been steerinmg clear of protein all together. Any way, I will give it a try- thanks. for the suggestions.

You're
1.gif
! My hair prefers more moisture than protein, too. It was like that even before I started using henna and when I relaxed. I hope that your hair gets back to normal, soon. :)

Last edited:
Back