Salon hair verses at home hair

Lilmama1011

As I get older, I find I'm more into thickness rather than length even tho I don't mind the length lol. But when I go to the salon its so smooth and my hair will be paper thin when I put it in a ponytail, but when I do my hair at home it comes out way thicker. Anyone else encounter this? I'm not sure whether to classify my hair as thin or normal or thick, (even tho I say my hair is thinned out) what are yal solutions for thicker hair?

Are you relaxed or natural? If you're relaxed, you can get thicker hair by leaving the relaxer in for less time or by using a milder relaxer so that you end up more texlaxed than bonelaxed.

My hair is fine, but you can totally tell the difference between my blowdry/flat iron vs when I get the same services done at a stylist.

My hair appears much fuller/fluffy when done at home.
I prefer it this way.

sonychari said:
Are you relaxed or natural? If you're relaxed, you can get thicker hair by leaving the relaxer in for less time or by using a milder relaxer so that you end up more texlaxed than bonelaxed.

I am relaxed

yaya24 said:
My hair is fine, but you can totally tell the difference between my blowdry/flat iron vs when I get the same services done at a stylist.

My hair appears much fuller/fluffy when done at home.
I prefer it this way.

I agree too, I wish I could have smooth and full

I noticed that when I did my hair at home, when I used to be relaxed my hair would come out fuller then if I had went to the salon. I always assumed I was doing my roller sets wrong, and that my hair never completely straightened, because I didn't wrap the roller tight enough. I liked my hair fuller though so I didn't mind, this makes me think that maybe I wasn't do it wrong after all.

NaturalEngima said:
I noticed that when I did my hair at home, when I used to be relaxed my hair would come out fuller then if I had went to the salon. I always assumed I was doing my roller sets wrong, and that my hair never completely straightened, because I didn't wrap the roller tight enough. I liked my hair fuller though so I didn't mind, this makes me think that maybe I wasn't do it wrong after all.

You took the words out my mouth, I said that too, that maybe I didn't get tight enough to the scalp but I like the fullness

Lilmama1011 said:
As I get older, I find I'm more into thickness rather than length even tho I don't mind the length lol. But when I go to the salon its so smooth and my hair will be paper thin when I put it in a ponytail, but when I do my hair at home it comes out way thicker.

Was saying this today. Yep happens to me.

I'm glad I'm the only one that feels this way because I would tell my SO other my hair is so thin but when I do it he like your hair looks so thick

It's the same with me probably since I don't use the same amounts of tension, heat and chemicals when I do my own hair at home. I'm never able to recreate the stick straight styles my hairdresser does.

Back