Sally's GVP vs Wigo

carameldimples

I have read some reviews on the GVP (which I just bought and have not used yet). I was in TJ Maxx the other day and saw one by Wigo. I have never heard of it. I looked it up and see that it is normally priced over 100 bucks, but of course at TJ Maxx it was only about 30, is this one better than the GVP (chi comparable) dryer. Any feedback is appreciated. Even if you say both suck and just go and get a Sedu or Chi or something, lol. Thanks.

PS also saw one by RUSK. TIA for you feedback.

I think if you are not too concern of the price and wanting a well preforming blower dryer you should stick with professional brands. www.folica.com has a bunch of them, the turbo twin 3200 being what I use.

If you want to keep it affordable, Babyliss have few good ones on folica for about $50-70 but if you really want to save Sally carries Jilbere brand which are about $35-50 they produce good heat styling products for their price.

If your really looking to low ball Sally's GVP seems to have great views but it claims its lightweight which sometimes means it has a DC motor which isn't as powerful or as strong as in the don't last as long. I personally never used any GVP styling tools.

What price range are you really looking for?

I dont know about the GVP blow dryer but I have the flat iron and I personally think its better than the chi.

20Something I want great results so I am willing to spend 150 or so and that is with shipping :) if I had to order on line. I went into Ulta and they had the Chi and Sedu for like 200 bucks, I will splurge if the results are really that good. I am a 4b natural so whenever I do decide to do a blow-out I want great results with low heat damage risk. If it is worth it, I guess I might as well splurge and get a professional model. I guess I should browse folica and see what I can find. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

If you have the money to splurge go for it, i think heat styling tools are one of the few things in most cases were you aren't just paying for the name brand and the price tag. Its worth it I got my Turbo Twin 3200 for ~$100 which isn't to bad at all. Almost have it for 2 years now.

I don't have the GVP dryer, but I have the flat iron and it's one of the best purchases I have ever made. I bought it at least 4 years ago, still smooth plates, even heat, and works like a charm!!!!!

Back