Sade's Got Pix.....

Sade7

I'm on a year braid-a-thon until Dec. 2005, so I've been wearing braids for 2-3 months at a time since this past December. I just removed my braids yesterday and took a few pictures of my hair. I will probably wait about 2 weeks before braiding again.

The first pic is of my hair in March (after removing the first set of braids), you can really see the difference between the March photo and the ones taken yesterday.

http://public.fotki.com/Sade7/
PW: longhair

Last edited:
Thanks you guys. You know it's strange that I really didn't notice that my hair had grown until I looked at the photos. I was actually becoming a little discouraged, then I read a post where someone suggested documenting progress with photos because the growth is more noticeable when you are able to compare pics....... GREAT IDEA!

OOOOHHH!! You and your hair are beautiful.

What do you do to your hair while in braids (how often do you wash, scalp treatments)? Do tell!

wow! look at that thick beautiful hair! go girl, I think I will be starting a braid a ton this summer because I've been so lazy this year!:lol:

WOW! :shocked: Your hair is NICE and THICK!!! Thanks for creating an album for us to see your BEAUTIFUL hair!!! :yay:

chellee said:
OOOOHHH!! You and your hair are beautiful.

What do you do to your hair while in braids (how often do you wash, scalp treatments)? Do tell!

Chellee, I don't really do much while I'm in braids and to be honest I think that is what has aided my growth. I do my own box braids every 2.5 to 3 months and I shampoo every 1.5 to 2 weeks with DR. Bronner's diluted peppermint soap. After shampooing, I sometimes spray Infusium over my braids, and that's it. I was suppose to leave my braids up til the 2nd week in June (3 months) but I had so much new growth that I just decided to take them down.

den1 said:
Sade I Thought You Were NATURAL At First!! Your Relaxed Hair Is So Beautiful And Healthy.

Thanks Den, I've been an admirer of your hair for a long time now. Simply gorgeous!

cincybrownsugar said:
Nice and thick hair, what kind of braids are you wearing

I have been wearing box braids. I will be re-braiding again in another week or so and I will be sure to post picss.

Thanks everybody. I must say that I owe everything to this forum. If it weren't for the wealth of information on this site I would still be stuck at shoulder length and battling split ends.

Amazingly beautiful. I'm going to go the kinky twists route to extend my touch up to possibly past 4 months to 6 - 6.5 months. I just ordered the 4-in -1 dvd today. I look forward to the same results as you. How much growth did you think you attained during that time.

Back