Sade's Got Pix.....

LondonDiva said:
Amazingly beautiful. I'm going to go the kinky twists route to extend my touch up to possibly past 4 months to 6 - 6.5 months. I just ordered the 4-in -1 dvd today. I look forward to the same results as you. How much growth did you think you attained during that time.

I attained just under 1.5 inches. The strange thing is that I was reallly discouraged when I took my braids down because it "appeared" that I hadn't gained any length; however when I took a photo and compared it to my March pic i could really see the difference. So, no matter what you do, just remember to take photos.

I must say that your hair is gorgeous!!! It is thick and shiny!! You are doing a great job missy! now how about giving me that 1.5 you just got and you grow you some more????

Now that's some hair!! B e a uuuuuuutiful!! And I thought I had some thick hair. How long is your hair? Also, how do you wear your box braids once you put them in? I know how to do my own box braids too and recently have been thinking about putting some in. Do you use real hair or synthetic hair? Do tell!! I can't wait to see the photos.

Also, when do you get your relaxers if you wear braids in 2-3 months and then re braid after 2 weeks?

DMarie

Beautiful!!! I agree...the pics make all the difference. :yep:

Sade7 said:
Thanks you guys. You know it's strange that I really didn't notice that my hair had grown until I looked at the photos. I was actually becoming a little discouraged, then I read a post where someone suggested documenting progress with photos because the growth is more noticeable when you are able to compare pics....... GREAT IDEA!

Your hair is sooooo thick, beautiful and healthy!!! :yep: Keep up the good work. Hmmm, box braids huh? I think I'm going to try some this summer.

DMarie said:
Now that's some hair!! B e a uuuuuuutiful!! And I thought I had some thick hair. How long is your hair? Also, how do you wear your box braids once you put them in? I know how to do my own box braids too and recently have been thinking about putting some in. Do you use real hair or synthetic hair? Do tell!! I can't wait to see the photos.

Also, when do you get your relaxers if you wear braids in 2-3 months and then re braid after 2 weeks?

DMarie

Hi DMarie, for my box braids I use synthetic hair. As far as relaxers go, I do relax between braiding. For ex. I just took my braids down on Monday, and I relaxed that night. I will probably do an Aphogee Protein Treatment some time this week and a deep conditioning next week, then the following week I will put braids again and keep them for another 12 weeks. Once in braids I only use clear type shampoos and liquid leave-in conditioners (like Infusium). Conditioning shampoos (like CON) are bad news for braids, and thick, creamy conditioners are even worse because they build up on the hair and cause it to matte and the build up dries the hair out (this is why some people say that their hair is crunchy when they remove braids). I shampoo my braids with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap because it rinses clean and doesn't cause build up. When I remove my braids my hair is always moisturized and soft.

Thanks Sade !!

I was always told that once you take the braids out, the hair needs to be built up with deep protein conditioners before you can relax and that you should wait a couple weeks once out of braids before you actually relax but obviously your routine is working out for you just fine eventhough it goes against what I've been told.

Thanks for the routine. How frequently do you shampoo with the Dr. Bronners soap? And how frequently do you spray the infusium in? If those items are truely the only two that you use then you have a really simple regimen that's working for you. Keep it up!!

It's amazing how short hair can look before straightening it out. My hair does the same thing. If I don't use heat it looks natural too. What relaxer do you use and what type is it? no lye or lye? Do you put them in yourself?

DMarie

Last edited:
DMarie said:
Thanks Sade !!

I was always told that once you take the braids out, the hair needs to be built up with deep protein conditioners before you can relax and that you should wait a couple weeks once out of braids before you actually relax but obviously your routine is working out for you just fine eventhough it goes against what I've been told.

Thanks for the routine. How frequently do you shampoo with the Dr. Bronners soap? And how frequently do you spray the infusium in? If those items are truely the only two that you use then you have a really simple regimen that's working for you. Keep it up!!

It's amazing how short hair can look before straightening it out. My hair does the same thing. If I don't use heat it looks natural too. What relaxer do you use and what type is it? no lye or lye? Do you put them in yourself?

DMarie

I shampoo about every 2 weeks when in braids and when my braids are almost dry, I spray Infusium all over and that's it.
I use Soft & Beautiful (no-lye) and I do it myself.

Back