Sabotaged Bee Mine?

So what about this Serum?

• That's not normal! throw it away! Someone sabotaged that ish

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Mine has gritty black specks, stop freaking out

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I never use swap products for that reason! Not safe (Unless its lhcf approved!)

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Swaps are a great way to try out new products. Keep trying them out

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Tamster

So I got a 3/4 full bottle of Bee Mine Hair Growth Serum (mango :lick:) at a natural hair meetup.

Now... I've tried searches.. couldn't find much, but... are there supposed to be black gritty specks in the serum?

I've used it a few times so far. Its okay. Not enough to know if its doing anything for my hair yet... but - the SPECKS?! I first noticed black grainy specks, this time around I saw white specks. Could it be settled product/sulfur? Or something else?

Is this normal? Could I have gotten a contaminated product?:nono:

I know I should not have used it on my head without thoroughly checking it out... I was just so excited I thought I had hit the jackpot :ohwell:

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-07-10 at 01.19.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-10 at 01.19.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
I didn't vote because I never swapped products I don't want to speak on it. But I will tell you I used the growth serum and mine did not have black specks. Maybe you can email Tracey and ask her what she thinks it may not be harmful at all.

The white specks are probably sulfur since it's a sulfur product and sulfur does not dissolve. Black specs.....idk about all that. The creator has a page on here, why don't you message her. IDK her name but you can find her in the sellers forum or whatever its called.

The white specks are probably sulfur since it's a sulfur product and sulfur does not dissolve. Black specs.....idk about all that. The creator has a page on here, why don't you message her. IDK her name but you can find her in the sellers forum or whatever its called.
Her user name is MsSunshine and she's quick to respond to PMs.

so that serum never worked for me. It sat in the back of my cabinets for ages.

when i went to toss it, it was super old, it had black spots in it. so maybe you just got sent some really OLD stuff

MsSunshine is a sweetheart and is quick to respond. Drop her a note. Also, did you shake the bottle before using? I don't have the sulfur serum so I can't truly comment there. I use the no sulfur version and mine is without specks...but I also purchased new and have never traded prods. Good luck.

ok I PMd MsSunshine this morning, just waiting on a reply.

Wheezy, the bottle did look.... 'worn' or kinda old, but I just shrugged it off. you're probably right :perplexed

Divachyk only when I shake the bottle do I get the black specks, and its quite a few cause everytime I pour some out there are some in my palm.

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I'll let you know what MsSunshine says.

If I remember correctly when I used Bee Mine it had what looked like the Indian Hemp grease. Could be herbs..my memory is fuzzy though. I wasn't a big fan of the product.

The one with Sulfur is kinda Cloudy, it looks like everything 'settles' to the bottom.....so I usually shake it up.

Now...I can't say whether I've seen any black particles floating around in it tho'. Just sulfur powder, more or less.:ohwell:

Since it was a Swap:look: and you feel uncomfortable about it, just go ahead & pitch it, order a sample size or ask the "Cousin" how long she had it.:perplexed

And as someone else suggested, you could always e-mail BeeMine and ask them.

ETA: I see where you contacted BeeMine

I've had my bottle (mango scented w/ sulfur) since January and there are no black specks.

I hope it works out for you, OP.

So I got a 3/4 full bottle of Bee Mine Hair Growth Serum (mango :lick:) at a natural hair meetup.

Now... I've tried searches.. couldn't find much, but... are there supposed to be black gritty specks in the serum?

I've used it a few times so far. Its okay. Not enough to know if its doing anything for my hair yet... but - the SPECKS?! I first noticed black grainy specks, this time around I saw white specks. Could it be settled product/sulfur? Or something else?

Is this normal? Could I have gotten a contaminated product?:nono:

I know I should not have used it on my head without thoroughly checking it out... I was just so excited I thought I had hit the jackpot :ohwell:

If you feel uncomfortable dont use it...But i have the same product bought it from the store website and it looks the same as the picture you put up. I believe the small specks are sulfar. If you got the kind that says it doesnt contain sulfar...then i would be concerned

Okay ladies, thank you so much for your responses!! They were a great help.

I got a response from MsSunshine :sunshine: and all I can say is :wow:

She is amazing! 10x sweeter than you all said! :happydance:

She suggested that I do not continue using the product, because I don't know what the person could have put in there, and that the black specks were not normal/typical (there could be specks but they would be herbs in the product and not black gritty ones).

She has even offered to send me a complimentary bottle of the mango serum so that I can try the real thing! :D :D WOW!

Talk about great service, and all this before I became an official customer. Needless to say, I am HOOKED! She is wonderful! :urock: I will be checking out more bee mine for sure!!!

So :thankyou: I can't wait! *chucks freaky serum in the trash*

oh and believe I seriously washed my hair multiple times... just to be safe.

Wow! I'm glad this ended with a win-win resolution. I haven't purchased any of her products yet, but MsSunshine's customer service and reputation are very noteworthy! I hope that you enjoy your product!

Ladies... I just got the complimentary serum today! AMAZING! Ms Sunshine sent me a shipping confirmation Monday morning... and the product came TODAY! JUST NOW! literally the mail man just came to my door. LOL :yahoo: I'm just super happy and excited for the product and at AMAZING customer service!

NOW LOOK AT THIS:
WOW

Beautifully packed with little crinkly things (the box smells so good?!:lick:)

Full sized, Sealed Mango scented Bee Mine

AND

a trial size of the Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer!!
:wow:

:reddancer:

I feel like it's Christmas Day!

:thankyou:

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

:bighug:

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-07-14 at 13.19 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-14 at 13.19 #2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Photo on 2010-07-14 at 13.19.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-14 at 13.19.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 79
Mz. Sunshyne is sooo nice! I once forgot to put my lhcf in for the 10% off. I sent her a pm and told her what happened and she actually told me she'd give me the percentage off cuz she understood. She refunded me the 10 or 15%. She didn't have to do that :)

And then one time I made two purchases back to back and she combined them for me. She's really friendly and nice to talk to

Ms. Sunshine is definitely a sweetheart!!! :) Wonderful customer service!!! A beautiful person inside and out. I am glad this has worked in your favor.

I am glad things worked out for you. I think I'm going to try some of her products in the future.

seems like everywhere in the natural hair community people are raving over bee mine...and now that i hear she's a good person, i'd feel good supporting her business...i wonder if she's having a black friday sale...if so i'll order then, but if not im definitely adding her to my nappiversary list, even if i only get one or 2 things.

i have the same Bee Mine Growth Serum as you (down to the scent, the mango smells greattt)

white specs - yes, i have seen them. i use the product and i see little white specs when i pour it into my hands to put in my hair.
black spec - no, ive never seen that and as a precaution i wouldn't use it.

Man. If ever I needed a reason to try her stuff this was definitely it. I already heard good things but since I curved my pjism many many moons ago I just brushed it off. I have a sample on it's way now, lol.

You know what? Just seeing how things were handled in a way she didn't even have to (give you free product, full sized? WOW. AND ANOTHER SAMPLE?!) is going to make ME try some product!! Thanks a lot and I'm glad things worked out for the best!!

Back