Sabino Users: Do you stil moisturize even after using Sabino?

malachi74

Is it just me or do you still feel the need, maybe out of habit, to moisturize your ends even though you've used Sabino Moisture Block?

If you do not moisturize while using Sabino, how far apart are your wash days?

Nope. There is no need to moisturize after using SMB. I wash once per week and it stays hydrated until my next wash.

How about apply oils? I purchased to use for my daughter and her hair was dry after a few days. She applied vatika frosting to her hair. I think I read in the sabino literature that if you apply anything after using that the product would breakdown.

How about apply oils? I purchased to use for my daughter and her hair was dry after a few days. She applied vatika frosting to her hair. I think I read in the sabino literature that if you apply anything after using that the product would breakdown.
I don't put anything on it because I don't need to. However I make sure I have enough moisture in. What I do is leave in a little avocado conditioner from shescentit.com (it's pure moisture w/ no protein) and it's a pure NOT a leave in conditioner. So you need a pure conditioner in there after you wash, condition, dc. Then I put in a leave in of lacio lacio (diluted with water in a spray bottle), then I put on my sabino. Talk about shine and silky. My hair has so much moisture and bounce afterwards!

I use Elucence MBC as a moisturizer and Lacio Lacio as a leave-in BEFORE I use SMB. However, I still occasionally use a moisturizer. I either use Elucence MBC and seal with Vatika or I use the Shescentit alone. I really don't know if either of these methods are penetrating through the SMB but it's just out of habit. I don't do this daily and it depends on the style and how long the wash period is going to be. If I've used SMB and I'm wearing my hair in a wrap, I will not use anything until I'm ready to give up the wrap and go back to a pony. This is usually after 3-4 days and usually when I don't have time to wash my hair until day 7 or 8. I will moisturize/seal maybe 2-3 times before washing. I also try to clarify the wash immediately following SMB usage. I'm relaxed straight so I don't use it often since our weather is no longer hot. I only need to use it when I plan to go into a humid environment. HTH!

From what I understand, it is pointless to moisturize after using it, since it blocks out moisture... I use oil on top on a daily basis however, to help with tangles. I'm good for 2 weeks.

From what I understand, it is pointless to moisturize after using it, since it blocks out moisture... I use oil on top on a daily basis however, to help with tangles. I'm good for 2 weeks.

Yup this is true, it is pointless to moisturize until your next shampoo. Although Mr. Sabino did tell me that on days he doesn't wash he will spritz a little water in his hair and apply just a little more moisture block...

Are guys leaving your hair loose after using this and retaining length? I would especially love to hear from rollersetters.

I've rollerset with it and yes I am still retaining length. I've used SMB all kinds of ways. Rollerset, airdry, braidout and it always works the same. HTH!

Yup this is true, it is pointless to moisturize until your next shampoo. Although Mr. Sabino did tell me that on days he doesn't wash he will spritz a little water in his hair and apply just a little more moisture block...

I do this and so far so good.

Back