sabino moisture block

TexturedTresses

how much smb do you use for ear length unstreched, apl stretched 4a natural hair. i had a pic, but its on my other phone. Also, any other tips would be helpful. I was thinking of using about a dime sized amount of aubrey's hsr as a leave in and a dime size of the smb. I'm trying to be as light handed as possible.

my mom is a relaxed APL, she uses about a nickel-sized amount i think for her whole head.

best tip i have... it's better to have too little and then squeeze a drop or two more from the bottle, than to have too much and try to get back in :lol:

my mom is a relaxed APL, she uses about a nickel-sized amount i think for her whole head.

best tip i have... it's better to have too little and then squeeze a drop or two more from the bottle, than to have too much and try to get back in :lol:

too true... can you tell when its wet if you have enough in? does it make sense to put conditioner under or will it be better if i only use the moisture block?

OT...sorry OP: is there a way that i can get a free sample of this somewhere? i remember ppl saying they got one, is that time over?

I can't recommend as mine is probably midback now (I haven't pressed it out completely and put it in braids. ), if not almost there. So anyways regardless of the amount, make sure you have enough on your end and on your roots so your hair does not revert. Well I'm speaking from a natural standpoint and don't know if you're relaxed or if you just flatiron your hair. Either way, make sure it protects your ends. I always take a little more, after I've brushed it through with my denman, and put it on the palm of my hand. as I part my hair to flat iron. I dab a tiny amount in between my index finger and thumb and press on my roots, and then on my ends for double protection. I do this throughout. Sorry my avatar shows my press after 5 days of rain, so you can't get the full effect unless you look at the original sabino thread to see my results on day 1. I just wanted to give you these tips so your hair can stay flat iron perfect until your next wash (and your ends stay protected).

I can't recommend as mine is probably midback now (I haven't pressed it out completely and put it in braids. ), if not almost there. So anyways regardless of the amount, make sure you have enough on your end and on your roots so your hair does not revert. Well I'm speaking from a natural standpoint and don't know if you're relaxed or if you just flatiron your hair. Either way, make sure it protects your ends. I always take a little more, after I've brushed it through with my denman, and put it on the palm of my hand. as I part my hair to flat iron. I dab a tiny amount in between my index finger and thumb and press on my roots, and then on my ends for double protection. I do this throughout. Sorry my avatar shows my press after 5 days of rain, so you can't get the full effect unless you look at the original sabino thread to see my results on day 1. I just wanted to give you these tips so your hair can stay flat iron perfect until your next wash (and your ends stay protected).

she is natural so that is a good tip. thank you.

how much did you use?

too true... can you tell when its wet if you have enough in? does it make sense to put conditioner under or will it be better if i only use the moisture block?

my mom and i both use conditioner under and have good results - not a ton of conditioner... just a bit. :yep:

as the other natural poster stated, i concentrate on the ends first, then the roots, and finally the length of the hair. it was kind of a trial and error thing... the first time i used WAY too much on the length of my hair and it ended up with a "greasy" look. again, you can always add a bit more while straightening if you feel you didn't use enough. ;)

how much did you use?
Sadly, I don't have an exact figure. I just know how to eye ball it, as I've been using it for almost 8 months now. Mine is probably a quarter size, not dime, and maybe more when I straighten if I see that I need some more as I dab tiny amounts on the ends again and the roots. I think ladylibra is right. It's best to do the whole length and dry (I usually use a hooded dryer), then you can add some to root, and ends, on each piece, while flat ironing and see if you need a little more. I think it's trial and error. My hair is 4a too, but I don't think everyone's hair depending on thickness of strands,versus fineness, will need the same amount too (besides hair type).

If you order it online @ sabinohair.com, it comes super fast. Like 2-3 days. I ordered 2 times so far and once it came in 3 days and the other time in 2. I noticed because I was so impressed. I've been emailing them about lhcf and how we should get a discount. I hope they cave in and give us one. I do it once a month, and tell them lots of people like it here. Yes, of course I'd like the discount too:rolleyes:

I was reading this thread a couple days ago and didnt get past "ordered in on Amazon". I immediatley went to Amazon and ordered some. I have been wanting to try this product forever!!! I cant wait for it to get here!

I'm relaxed and I cannot live without this product. My hair just seems healthier overall. I use it for rollersets before I blow out my roots...great product

Back