Sabino Moisture Block is great (lots of pics)

Thank you for posting this. I have to find my SMB samples and try this out when I do my first straighten in 1 year of being natural.

Beautiful job :up:

You did great! Looks nice.

You did a great job on her hair!

Thank you for posting this. I have to find my SMB samples and try this out when I do my first straighten in 1 year of being natural.

Beautiful job :up:

thank you, i don't know how but the moisture block made her hair easier to flat iron. the process went by so much faster. this is my second time doing her hair and it came out SOO much better this way.

day three, she had karate and her hair is still looking good. her edges are a tad bit fuzzy but nothing serious. i'm thinking it will hold out until thanksgiving.

Nice job sandrabbit. I received my sample last week and used it for the 1st time Friday, imma do my hair again Wednesday before Thanksgiving....

I just ordered mine thank you soooooo much for this I hope it will work well for me so the next time I flat iron my hair it might actually last long enought for me to walk downstairs lol
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I feel ya! Lord knows I do. That's why I love MB so much. My jaw dropped the first time I used it, and the fact that it stayed (and did not revert) until I washed it out (7 days later) was ridiculous!

I feel ya! Lord knows I do. That's why I love MB so much. My jaw dropped the first time I used it, and the fact that it stayed (and did not revert) until I washed it out (7 days later) was ridiculous!

the last time i flatironed her hair it was in a ponytail the second day and in braids by the fourth.

Last edited:

lol right I might even be able to go outside this time lol i'll try again at Christmas

FYI for UK ladies the shipping is $20 but with the discount I paid $34 inc shipping

Just conditioned washed my hair with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose...it's what I normally use. Applied Sabino Moisture followed by Sabino's Curls for Curly Hair. Allowing to air dry. Will post my experience later.

Thanks for all the people who responded to my smb thread asking how much to use. Here is what I did. I washed and dc'd with honeysuckle rose. I clarified because someone said that makes is swingier. I took about a nickle sized amount of the hsr and put it back in concentrating on the ends. The I took a dime sized amount of the smb and put it in her concetrating on the ends. I rollerset it and let it dry. Then I wrapped it for her to go to sleep and flatironed it the next day. Before I flatironed it though... I seperated her hair in four sections and put the smb on the roots and the ends. I put the flatiron on four hundred degrees and passed through each piece once, concentrating on the roots for three seconds. Then I seperated it into four sections again and used the flatiron to bump the ends with the flatiron. Okay here are the pictures...
I spy my pink Ion dryer in the background! :lol:

Your hair is Beautiful !!!!

I ordered two smb's this morning and got the 30% discount :up: I think the offer ends today or tomorrow so don't :sleep2: of you intend to order....

No pictures...but here goes. I think I used too much. I used a dime size amount on each of the four sections of my hair.....I should have used just a dime size for the entire head. I can see why SMB would work...it even left a waterproof coating on my hands.

I used the Curly for Curly hair...it's just pure cones...nothing else. I have officially retired it. My hair always does better with the fewest products. I will rewash and use just a little bit of SBM for my second test!

it even worked on my other cousin who is 4b with fine strands and very resistant to straightening. she also sweats in her while she sleeps. she loved it so much, she was running around on thanksgiving day, flinging her hair.

No pictures...but here goes. I think I used too much. I used a dime size amount on each of the four sections of my hair.....I should have used just a dime size for the entire head. I can see why SMB would work...it even left a waterproof coating on my hands.

I used the Curly for Curly hair...it's just pure cones...nothing else. I have officially retired it. My hair always does better with the fewest products. I will rewash and use just a little bit of SBM for my second test!

Hope to see how it turns out. Each person has to perfect it. It's better to use less, and then let it dry, and then from there as you're sectioning your hair, and flatironing, you can decide if you need a little more and add some right then and there.

It's one of my staple products. Good thing they are having as I was down to the last and snatched some up. I think the 30% discount is over today. Though I will continue to email them like promised to see if they'll give us a continual discount.

If you need any pointers, feel free to pm me. I've been using it for almost seven months now. My avatar was after rain, but I have pics elsewhere that are posted that are free sabino hair. I think it held up pretty good after five days of REPEATED rain, and I mean I was annoyed with the rain as I had just flat ironed my hair for the first time with sabino. So again, any questions just pm me and don't hesitate. If I can help I will. There are lots of others here who can help too if you do a thread search.

Please post pics so we can see how it turns out!

Last edited:
Back