Sabino Moisture Block is great (lots of pics)

TexturedTresses

Thanks for all the people who responded to my smb thread asking how much to use. Here is what I did. I washed and dc'd with honeysuckle rose. I clarified because someone said that makes is swingier. I took about a nickle sized amount of the hsr and put it back in concentrating on the ends. The I took a dime sized amount of the smb and put it in her concetrating on the ends. I rollerset it and let it dry. Then I wrapped it for her to go to sleep and flatironed it the next day. Before I flatironed it though... I seperated her hair in four sections and put the smb on the roots and the ends. I put the flatiron on four hundred degrees and passed through each piece once, concentrating on the roots for three seconds. Then I seperated it into four sections again and used the flatiron to bump the ends with the flatiron. Okay here are the pictures...

Attachments

• wethair.jpg
    wethair.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 266
  • rollerset_back.jpg
    rollerset_back.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 184
  • rollerset_front.jpg
    rollerset_front.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 106
  • rollrset_side.jpg
    rollrset_side.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 125
  • finish_front covered face.jpg
    finish_front covered face.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 382
had to make a new thing to add more pics.........

I tried to take a swing shot, but my phone camera could not handle it.

Attachments

• finish_back.jpg
    finish_back.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 152
  • flatiron front.jpg
    flatiron front.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 211
  • flatironed back.jpg
    flatironed back.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 236
  • swang.jpg
    swang.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 187
anyways it came out beautifully.... oh and these pics are AFTER the party. I didn't have the change to take it before. It looks just like when we left the house and she was dancing, except her curls drooped a little (I had bumped the ends). Although, she does not sweat much. Her roots are relaxer straight. It looks so much better then the last time I flatironed her hair with a regular heat protectant. Even the rollerset came out straighter. I love this product.

WOW, very nice. I feel like flat ironing my TWA now. I have SMB but I don't use it much.
Next time I experiment with my TWA and my Sedu, I am definitely adding SMB in the mix.:yep:
You did a very good job and she has nice hair.

Yay! Told ya it's the good stuff! It really makes hair look nice, and also protects hair at the same time. I've been using it since April/Mayish and I am still in love with it.

Yay! Told ya it's the good stuff! It really makes hair look nice, and also protects hair at the same time. I've been using it since April/Mayish and I am still in love with it.

thanks for all of your tips. And I was happy because her hair grew from the last time I flatironed it. The last time i flatironed it was shoulder length all around... now she looks close to apl. she is ten and she was so hype she swinging her head around and playing with it.

Just be reasonable, and use your moisture block. What's your heat like? How hot are you getting the iron. That'll help me to better answer you. By the way, glad I could help!

i put it on four hundred. i used the moisture block. should i try it lower? i wanted to do it again for christmas. is that too soon? i don't want to damage her curl pattern.

OOh, I really like this! Nice :yep:

This is a style I've been looking to do too.

Have to order the smb soon though. Out of curiosity, what kind of flat iron did you use?

I thin you can flat iron her hair for Christmas. Especially since it seems as if you are a pro active hair mom..so I am sure you Deep Condition her hair and make sure it is moisturized.

Continue to use your SMB and I like IC Fantasia Hair Polisher Heat Protector Serum. I used both when I got my hair professionally pressed and my hair was swinging and light, and shiny. I guess in short I should just say IT WAS THE BOMB! Lol.

Nice job.

OOh, I really like this! Nice :yep:

This is a style I've been looking to do too.

Have to order the smb soon though. Out of curiosity, what kind of flat iron did you use?

i got it from sally's. its tool science. ionic nano silver. its red and has digital temperature control. i think it goes up to 450 ... not too sure.

i put it on four hundred. i used the moisture block. should i try it lower? i wanted to do it again for christmas. is that too soon? i don't want to damage her curl pattern.

No worries. As for Christmas, that is totally fine. I've been known to use it every two weeks, if I'm not in braids, and I've retained all my length this year so far. I just make sure to coat the ends with the moisture block (extra) in addition to the rest of the hair. TRUST that my curls haven't gone anywhere and I'm 4a. When I wash they most definitely say hello each time.:yep:

I thin you can flat iron her hair for Christmas. Especially since it seems as if you are a pro active hair mom..so I am sure you Deep Condition her hair and make sure it is moisturized.

Continue to use your SMB and I like IC Fantasia Hair Polisher Heat Protector Serum. I used both when I got my hair professionally pressed and my hair was swinging and light, and shiny. I guess in short I should just say IT WAS THE BOMB! Lol.

Nice job.

she is my little cousin. thanks for the tip. how do you use the ic fantasia hair polisher heat protector serum with smb?

I want my smb, NOW! I ordered last week from amazon and I am waiting for it to arrive. I am regrowing my hair...again and it is super fine, and extra sensative to humidity because I am scared to apply too much heat since it is fine. I need it to stay straight, does the flat iron have to be on 450 to get a good result?

I want my smb, NOW! I ordered last week from amazon and I am waiting for it to arrive. I am regrowing my hair...again and it is super fine, and extra sensative to humidity because I am scared to apply too much heat since it is fine. I need it to stay straight, does the flat iron have to be on 450 to get a good result?

I used 400. I saw a youtube video where the person used 375 or something like that. She was like 3c

she is my little cousin. thanks for the tip. how do you use the ic fantasia hair polisher heat protector serum with smb?

Wow! Your a great cousin. My cousins use to do my hair too. They are like 15 years older than me so I was like their baby doll when I was born. lol

Honestly, I use 3 products. Fantasia Heat Protector Serum, Lustra Silk Hair Culture Solution (Liquid Spray), and SMB.

Some peoples hair can't take all of these products. Some say it weights the hair down. But, my was light as a feather.

I paper towel dry my hair. I spray my hair with the lustrasilk. I than put about a nickel size amount of fantasia protector in my hand and put it on 1 of the 8 sections I have made in my hair and pull it through thoroughly. I do this to all the sections nickel size amount to each section.

Than I use a dime size amount of SMB on each of the 4 sections I now have in my head. I combine two sections from the 8 to create 4. I now take a comb and comb through each section distributing the product.

Yah! Another convert! I cannot live without this stuff it is a godsend. Makes me happy to do my hair:yep: I would be careful mixing too many products with MB I use to mix other heat protectants in and I really didn't need to. MB is a high grade silicon no need for a back up. You did a great job!

About Sabino. Great news!!! I've been a customer since around April/May and since I fell in love with it, through Lala's recommendation, I have been contacting them and requesting a discount for lhcf members. As their email address is readily available on their site, I email them every month that I love their product, and can we please have a discount, as I'd love to get it (for me) and also pass it on to the others. Without further ado....

I received an email stating there's a 1 time discount for lhcf members. And ladies don't abuse it and mess it up for the others. As long as there is no abuse (meaning people trying to reorder with the code) Diane said they'd keep this discount active for all lhcf members.

It's for this website: www.sabinohair.com or this one www.gotfrizz.com (goes to same place)

I'm just going to copy paste the other info

The 30% off coupon is ready to go for LHCF members! It is one time only:
LONGHAIR37286
and the shopping cart will ask for it at checkout.
Thanks feel free to pass it on to the others.

Diane Sabino
Sabino Hair Solutions
9689 N. Hayden Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(888) 305-4247
www.sabinohair.com

About Sabino. Great news!!! I've been a customer since around April/May and since I fell in love with it, through Lala's recommendation, I have been contacting them and requesting a discount for lhcf members. As their email address is readily available on their site, I email them every month that I love their product, and can we please have a discount, as I'd love to get it (for me) and also pass it on to the others. Without further ado....

I received an email stating there's a 1 time discount for lhcf members. And ladies don't abuse it and mess it up for the others. As long as there is no abuse (meaning people trying to reorder with the code) Diane said they'd keep this discount active for all lhcf members.

It's for this website: www.sabinohair.com or this one www.gotfrizz.com (goes to same place)

I'm just going to copy paste the other info

The 30% off coupon is ready to go for LHCF members! It is one time only:
LONGHAIR37286
and the shopping cart will ask for it at checkout.
Thanks feel free to pass it on to the others.

Diane Sabino
Sabino Hair Solutions
9689 N. Hayden Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(888) 305-4247
www.sabinohair.com

you should make a whole new thread about this... is there an expiration?

you should make a whole new thread about this... is there an expiration?

I just thought about it, and did. I just created a thread. I'll re email them about it, but for now it seems that it's open unless "abuse". Like w/ the samples, some people kept requesting without actually ordering (not from this site but overall) according to the rest of the email, and they had to shut it down for a while. So if that doesn't happen, the 30 percent seems to stay. I'm sure they'll eventually stop it, though. I'll do another email and ask if there's an expiration but I wasn't given one as of the email.

I just ordered mine thank you soooooo much for this I hope it will work well for me so the next time I flat iron my hair it might actually last long enought for me to walk downstairs lol

Last edited:
Back