????s For corrective relaxer and old relaxer...

mzhotniz86

Ok. i ordered design essentials regular offline and retouched on the 3rd of October. Since then i feel my hair has been underprocessed.i went to get it flat ironed 2 weeks ago and noticed my edges were still a little nappy. I washed again this weekend and blow dried it and curled it but its so thick. Its in a ponytail now (nice and soft and freshly trimmed ) but still thick in the middle. My hair just didnt not have that "freshly relaxed" look or feel at all , from the first week i retouched it. I confess that i scratched it and it started to burn after about 15 minutes while i was in the middle of finishing up my edges, but I still let it sit for the maximum time. So here are my questions:

1. How can you tell if a relaxer is old or not?
2. What is exactly is a corrective relaxer and how do you use it? It has only been 4 weeks so far and i dont know if i should re-relax it or just stick it out for a few more weeks.
I dont even know if i should use the same relaxer or not. and im mad as hell cause its a whole 4lb tub of this crap.

my hair hasnt been breaking or anything (hopefully it wont) and im keeping it moisturized. but there are parts in the front and back where you can tell the relaxer did not straighten well at all and its getting ridiculous.

is their a date on the box? was the base a little crusty on the top layer or sides?

it didnt come in a box, its in a tub. when i opened it nothing was crusty. it looked and smelled like regular relaxer :look: i tried to find a date on the tub but i didnt see nothing. maybe i should call the company with the serial #? im just scared to do that because i am not licensed to have this *sigh*

hhhmmmm, maybe that relaxer is not for you. Did you smooth it properly?

probably not because it started to burn. i've used this relaxer before so it probably is just me not leaving it long enough. maybe i should try one more time with it and see what happens then i'll know if its old or not. should i just wait to reapply it? and with a corrective relaxer, does that mean to use a different relaxer?

i dont know how or any thing about a corrective relaxer:ohwell: Sorry! But I wouldn't do it, I always underprocess my hair also. I would wait it out and just do protective styles until my next go around. I would , but this is just me, in a couple weeks do my edges and nape again. I do this too while Im stretching.

i dont know how or any thing about a corrective relaxer:ohwell: Sorry! But I wouldn't do it, I always underprocess my hair also. I would wait it out and just do protective styles until my next go around. I would , but this is just me, in a couple weeks do my edges and nape again. I do this too while Im stretching.

thanks! that sounds like a plan for now. i wish i could take a pic but my camera shutter sound will not turn off and im at work lol. so i guess ill just wait completely and hopefully the next time around i can get all the relaxer applied and straightened through b4 the time is up . thanx for responding

Back