s-curl users/lovers please help a sister out !!!

ummrumaysah

Hi ladies, i love s-curl nothing hits the moisture spot like it, but i got worried when i saw a few ladies saying it caused their hair to break & some other stuff, is there anyway to prevent this ? so a few questions

1.How long have you been using s-curl without any problems ?

2. How many times a week do you use it ?

3. Are you fearful of you having problem keeping s-curl as your long term moisturiser ?

4. have you any alternatives ?

THANKS ladies, please help a year ago i had to cut off all my hair due to a bad relaxer, i dont want to lose my hair again.

Hi ladies, i love s-curl nothing hits the moisture spot like it, but i got worried when i saw a few ladies saying it caused their hair to break & some other stuff, is there anyway to prevent this ? so a few questions

I don't remember. It might be since 2006, but I find it hard to believe I never used it before then. :scratchch I was mostly in braids so I used S Curl whenever I was out of them...which was very rarely.

I don't use it regularly. I use it only when wearing my hair out. I rarely do so....

3. Are you fearful of you having problem keeping s-curl as your long term moisturiser ?

It's the only moisturizer I like to use on my hair when wearing it out. I have never had any hint of problems from using it so no fear here.

Hawaiian Silly is very much like S Curl and has a fruity smell so it is the only other thing I like to use.

THANKS ladies, please help a year ago i had to cut off all my hair due to a bad relaxer, i dont want to lose my hair again.

Are you relaxed or natural? I didn't know anyone was having problems with S Curl. :perplexed

Last edited:

Since i found this site...so bout 10 months

Used to use it every day. Now just wash days so 2 times a week

NO.

I am using a mixture of glycerine, aloe vera gel and homemade rosemary water (boiled some leaves and let steep for hours)

I am relaxed by the way.

I don't remember. It might be since 2006, but I find it hard to believe I never used it before then. :scratchch I was mostly in braids so I used S Curl whenever I was out of them...which was very rarely.

I don't use it regularly. I use it only when wearing my hair out. I rarely do so....

It's the only moisturizer I like to use on my hair when wearing it out. I have never had any hint of problems from using it so no fear here.

Hawaiian Silly is very much like S Curl and has a fruity smell so it is the only other thing I like to use.

Are you relaxed or natural? I didn't know anyone was having problems with S Curl. :perplexed

Hi Nonie,

yeah there was a thread where someones hair was breaking & most of the replies were saying it was the s-curl,:sad:

but i think i know what it is ithink it contain "protein" so try to limit you use to 3x a week at most,

O yeah i am relaxed,

Thanks for your reply.:bighug:

Hi Nonie,

yeah there was a thread where someones hair was breaking & most of the replies were saying it was the s-curl,:sad:

but i think i know what it is ithink it contain "protein" so try to limit you use to 3x a week at most,

O yeah i am relaxed,

Thanks for your reply.:bighug:

When I use S Curl, I only need apply it on the day I wash my hair and then with baggying nightly, I don't need to apply anymore till after the next wash (I usually wash twice a week).

Why do you need to apply it more than once? I find it so moisturizing that applying daily or any more than once would just be overkill.

Since i found this site...so bout 10 months

Used to use it every day. Now just wash days so 2 times a week

NO.

I am using a mixture of glycerine, aloe vera gel and homemade rosemary water (boiled some leaves and let steep for hours)

I am relaxed by the way.

Hi vnaps,

thanks for your reply, you are using it the same as you are, I use s-curl after my co-washes & maybe 1 more time for the week after that, inbetween that i use my aloe vera & rosewater mix, as i told Nonie, it has protein in it, so limit your use to 3x a week, thanks again:grin:

When I use S Curl, I only need apply it on the day I wash my hair and then with baggying nightly, I don't need to apply anymore till after the next wash (I usually wash twice a week).

Why do you need to apply it more than once? I find it so moisturizing that applying daily or any more than once would just be overkill.

sometimes i go into moist over kill mode, :wallbash: i guess it because im affraid of my hair breaking but u have helped me to realise i only need it after my washes.

thanks for slapping me back in line :grin: you & vnap has help to put my mind at ease !!!

Back