S Curl as a Texturiser - views, comments?

Jaffa

Have any of you used S Curl Texturiser? I know many have used the moisturiser on relaxed or natural hair but I woud like to know if any of you have used it as a texturiser. Can this hair then be straightened? Please post your views, experiences and any photos would be great.

Thanks

i dont know how it would turn out on your hair. My father has used it for years on his 4ab hair. And well....it looks jerry curl ish. Not exactly...but he always keeps it moist looking. So maybe it's just the way he does it. Not sure tho. But after seeing my dad..i have no plans on using this lol

In 2006 I used the S-curl texturiser on my natural hair.
I am 4a/b fine strand and it loosened my texture.

Touch-up time could be pushed up to about 6 months with no problem.
My hair needed a lot of moisture though and looked natural if it was left dry.

I washed with "comb-thru" shampoo and conditioner, used S-Curl moisturiser over the whole head and "comb-thru" gel on the ends.
It worked really well in the summer.

My hair did not respond well to weekly flat ironing (no dc, and i did not have a lot of technique at the time so it was straight direct heat and led to breakage.)
But Yes, texturised hair can be straightened. blowdried, anf flat ironed. just take care of it.

The summer and the added moisture helped a lot in the overall health, appearance and length of my hair

When october came I wanted to change. so I switched gradually to a relaxer that had the same ingredient as S-curl (lye or sodium hydroxide). Motions.

I hope it helps with your questions.
here is a link of pictures with my texturiser.

http://public.fotki.com/sweetpuff/2006/

hope it helps

P.S.: sorry if i did not update my album as of late. busy year to say the least.

Last edited:
I have never used a relaxer that was labeled a texturizer to texturize. I do use SCurls texturizer gel and spray in the gray bottle on my natural and also when I had texturized hair. I prefer Motions because it loosens my curl pattern and it allows my hair to absorb products very well. I think Jheri juice products work really well for faster hair growth versus other products I have used.

i dont know how it would turn out on your hair. My father has used it for years on his 4ab hair. And well....it looks jerry curl ish. Not exactly...but he always keeps it moist looking. So maybe it's just the way he does it. Not sure tho. But after seeing my dad..i have no plans on using this lol

I don't know why but this post was so funny to me :lachen:

Maybe that's the look he's going for :lol:

I used it with good results in years past. The problem was that I had no idea on how to care for it.:ohwell: I must say that my hair grew really fast with it because I used the S curl spray. My hair thrives on glycerine.:yep: I just did wash n gos. I wonder if it would work on longer hair.:scratchch

Hey Ladies

Thanks for all your comments. My hair is 4B natural, thick and shoulder length. I have been toying with the idea of texlax or texturiser -the texlax results seem to be varied and I want a more consistent curl. I read that the S curl had a slower process time which meant less overprocessing.

Back