S-Curl Activator Gel

nickpoopie

I'm currently 4 weeks post relaxer and attempting to stretch for a total of 16 weeks. Around week 7 I can really start to feel the stretching taking its toll. I was wondering if anyone has ever used activator gel during stretches and if so do you only apply it to your new growth? I think if I can manage the new growth better I'll eventually be able to stretch til I can't stretch no more. :grin:

Hello. I haven't used the gel but scurl activator worked a miracle with my new growth and I stretched to 16 weeks. Also low manipulation, cowashing, shampoo sparingly (only when needed and sulfate free). Another miracle worker - overnite DC with ORS replenishing pack & bagging melted my new growth also.

HTH!

bebezazueta
I didn't mean gel just activator. I'm going to try it once I get some NG, your hair is beautiful btw. Has your hair always been thick and how have you attained your length.

Thanks nickpoopie

No my hair has not always been thick. I used to have thin spots from bad relaxers and overall abuse. Now that I eliminate direct heat, along with stretching, protein treatments and more, my hair appears thicker than previously.

Retaining length has been experimental for me but I've learned that theres no common cure. I just listen to my hair and give it what it needs when it needs it. Sorry I can't tell you one magic trick because it's been so many little things that got me here.

I'm willing to help though. I wish you the best in this journey lady!

I'm sorry for the typo. But it's baggying. My iPad autocorrect be tripping. Any who, I use those plastic caps and either cover my entire head or just my ends via a bun or ponytail. Scurl + baggying = moist hair for days! Its called GHE or the greenhouse effect. I'm collecting data to see if GHE attributes to growth also.

You welcome. Let me know how your stretching goes!

Back