Adrienne’s Activator Technique

SouthernGirl said:
Okay, am I the only one that rode the "short bus?" I just figured out that the picture on the home page of the beautiful head of hair is Ms Adrienne!!!!!!

Wow :shocked:

Simply stunning. I always wondered who that was. It took me 6 months to figure it out! Guess I coulda asked someone :)
Well I must be right beside you on the short bus because I couldn't figure it out. :lol: Thanks for letting me know.

Re: Adrienne’s Activator Technique

Oh I will have to try this technique! I have all the products that you have Jerseygirl but I have never decided to combine them up. Thanks for the tip. :)

I love Adrienne's technique. but I do it without the gel. I use the activator to smooth down my edges and if they are very rebellious I wrap a net around my head for about 10 minutes(as long as my hair isn't wet) and my edges stay in place.:) ;)

MizAvalon said:
I'm not really using Adrienne's techinque per se, but I am using the curl activator because of her. I don't care for using it on the entire length of my hair, because like some of you I got that frizzy, greasy thing going on after a few hours. So, I only use it on my new growth to help with combing and detangling and it works great. For my Baggie Method I use Safflower Oil and it works like a charm.
Thanks, I have tried using olive oil or olive oil and rosewater or olive oil and water and those have all worked for me. I have an oil mix with safflower oil, so I will try that as well. Do you baggie with wet or dry hair?

Will Lustrasilk's Moisture Max give me the same results? I saw some yesterday and I know it is a cream based activator that doesn't have a scent. (I can't stand the smells of the others). I know someone mentioned to me yesterday that she uses Donnie's blah blah blah (Sorry I can't remember the name). Back to the question though, can I use Moisture Max? Has anyone used Moisture Max?

KAddy said:
Will Lustrasilk's Moisture Max give me the same results? I saw some yesterday and I know it is a cream based activator that doesn't have a scent. (I can't stand the smells of the others). I know someone mentioned to me yesterday that she uses Donnie's blah blah blah (Sorry I can't remember the name). Back to the question though, can I use Moisture Max? Has anyone used Moisture Max?
I thought moisture max was similar to pink oil moisturizer, but I may be wrong.

candycane

OK, I still need another option for a less funky smelling (OK funky to me) activator. I was in the bss smelling activators and that Donnie's one was not scent free. It took a lot for me not to hurl all on the floor in the bss. No exaggeration. Now one was really strong. I don't remember which one has the lightest scent, I think it may have been carefree. Uh, any other suggestions for a scent free activator?

KAddy said:
KAddy, step AWAY from the Moisture Max! That stuff is horrible. :mad: I put it in the same category as Pink Oil. It just sits on your hair and creates a greasy mess, without providing a hint of any so-called moisture. I used to use this and wondered why my hair was so dry since it felt greasy.

Girl, you can certainly find something better to use. S-Curl is the only activator I ever used, and it was great when I was in braids. But promise me you won't touch that "Moisture Max" with a ten foot pole!:lol:

Kitkat said:
But promise me you won't touch that "Moisture Max" with a ten foot pole!:lol:
I, KADDY, Promise I will not touch Moisture Max with a ten foot pole.
32.gif

:lachen:

Re: Adrienne’s Activator Technique

NayNay said:
How does your hair look after the application of the S curl activator? I was using it on my ends daily only and my hair responded very well at first then turned frizzy??? I plan on continuing to use it on the new growth since I only relax about 4 times per year.
Is your hair shiny after using it??? How much do u use on your hair? My hair was dull and frizzy and I didn't notice any great changes.
Thanks

Scurl did nothing for me either...made my hair dry and horribler

I recently started using S-curl to tame my 4a/b very kinky new growth and I only wish I had done it sooner. The difference is like night and day. I attached a picture of my new growth 10 weeks post-relaxer (airdried in a bun w/ s-curl).

Attachments

• newgrowth1.jpg
    newgrowth1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 15
  • newgrowth2.jpg
    newgrowth2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 13
I agree w/ KitKat Kaddy, the Moisture-Max is a joke, it made my hair sooo hard.
But, I do use the Lustrasilk Moisturier in the white bottle w/ purple writing. My hair LOVES that stuff, inspired by Adrienne's tech. :)

OK, so I'm out sniffing moisturizers again :look: and I decided to purchase Sta Sof Fro. It had the lightest scent to me and doesn't seem like it will turn my stomach when I use it. Does anyone add anything to their moisturizer? Like castor oil or anything else or do you pretty much leave it alone.

@Kaddy, I just recently bought the Stay Sof fro for me to use because the Scurl scent starting getting into my pillows. I use castor oil and EVOO on my hair with this product. It works great for me!

Thanks tbcool for responding. I use castor oil on a regular so I wanted to see if anyone else uses it. Do you apply the stay sof first then the oils or what? I mean how do you use it?

TIA

I don't use castor oil at all but as far as mixing products goes I squirt some EVOO into my S-curl bottle, shake it up and I'm good to go. Makes it creamier & less watery.

Back