Running Game ~ Stay Woke

I think this scenario falls under "women who don't see their partner for who they actually are".

Lately, I've been fascinated with the western view of relationships and one of the things I've been wondering about is why we assign traits to our partners and/or ignore traits that make us uncomfortable. Why is the opposite not the default?

Anyway, I like the video op's style.
I've read this thread before but I was actually just thinking about this myself. This whole idea of being in love (or in like) with who we think a person is or who we want them to be instead of who they actually are. It's so strange how we do that.

I remember an old relationship going sour and me crying about it and my therapist saying you're mourning this relationship based on who you wanted him to be. Think about who he actually is and then tell me you are still sad this relationship ended. It makes logical sense.

I've read this thread before but I was actually just thinking about this myself. This whole idea of being in love (or in like) with who we think a person is or who we want them to be instead of who they actually are. It's so strange how we do that.

I remember an old relationship going sour and me crying about it and my therapist saying you're mourning this relationship based on who you wanted him to be. Think about who he actually is and then tell me you are still sad this relationship ended. It makes logical sense.

So true. I was more of a wreck over the last relationship than this break up mostly because I was mourning our potential...his potential in terms of what we could have together/what he brings to the relationship vs just accepting who he is. This most recent breakup, while still painful as I miss him and the boys, is less jarring as I've accepted that he is who he is and wants what he wants and that's that. Go be happy. I'll go be happy too.

Back