Rough Hair after cowashing

kittie43

I cowashed my hair yesterday, then put in my leave in, moisturizer and oil to seal and airdried my hair overnight in a bun. When I got up my hair felt very rough and I was shedding quite a bit. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I cowashed my hair yesterday, then put in my leave in, moisturizer and oil to seal and airdried my hair overnight in a bun. When I got up my hair felt very rough and I was shedding quite a bit. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is this a brand new regimen you're trying (all steps listed) or is the cowashing the only "new" thing? Have you used that moisturizer before and sealed with that oil and air-dried in a bun and your hair been OK before?

I have been trying to experiment with airdrying my hair but it has been unsuccessful. My best results come from rollersetting, or blowdrying - basically I need to dry with heat in order to achieve desirable results.

[USER=21843 said:
kittie43[/USER];16188531]I have been trying to experiment with airdrying my hair but it has been unsuccessful. My best results come from rollersetting, or blowdrying - basically I need to dry with heat in order to achieve desirable results.

What products did you use? Maybe it was the conditioner you cowashed with. Or let your cuticles close a bit more before applying you leave-ins and moisturizers.

If your hair is air-drying hard then your protein moisture balance is probably off. You need to do some steady *weekly* deep conditioning w/strong, natural ingredients (not the cheapies). My fave is Aubrey Organics GPB. I felt I always had to blowdry or use heat for the same reasons; but that should not be the case. You should be able to airdry w/o hard hair results.

I cowashed with Eqyss Premier Cream Rinse Conditioner Detangler, and then I did a rinse with cold water to try to seal the cuticle. Afterwards I used cantu shea butter as a leave-in, then I moisturized with elasta qp mango butter and sealed with sunflower oil.

If your hair is air-drying hard then your protein moisture balance is probably off. You need to do some steady *weekly* deep conditioning w/strong, natural ingredients (not the cheapies). My fave is Aubrey Organics GPB. I felt I always had to blowdry or use heat for the same reasons; but that should not be the case. You should be able to airdry w/o hard hair results.

Did you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner after using AO GPB? What leave ins did you use?

Isn't eqyss a protein condish? I would switch to a moisture conditioner like aussie moist or tresemme naturals moisture condish

Just to put my two cents in, I like to use leave ins that are free of cones, butters, and heavy oils like giavonni direct leave in or a light moisturizing conditioner like elucence moisture balance. I do this because my hair dries crunchy with the type of products your using. I seal with natural butters like avocado butter and I always air dry and never have an issue with softness.

Back