Rosewater???

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
i saw some rosewater/glycerine mixture at the store the other day. when i looked up rosewater on the net it said it was an astringent...what reason do you guys have for putting it on your hair? have u noticed any dryness?

I use plain rosewater on my face and in my hair. I've never noticed any drying. In fact, when used on my face, it lends a nice glow to it and when used on my hair, it makes a great detangler.

weaveitup said:
i saw some rosewater/glycerine mixture at the store the other day. when i looked up rosewater on the net it said it was an astringent...what reason do you guys have for putting it on your hair? have u noticed any dryness?
It is a pretty good detangler but it does kind of dry my face a bit. I have oily skin, so I dont mind but if I had dry skin...

I've been using a rosewater/glycerin leave in from Asha's for months now (3rd bottle) and noticed nothing but positive results. I believe it's very good for the scalp also (read that on Mizani H2O Rosewater Moisturizer my mom has)

I'll be sticking with it.

I think you MAY be able to find regular rosewater or rosewater/glycerine mixtures at health food stores and The Vitamin Shoppe.

I've only purchased the leave in from Asha's that contains rosewater and glycerine along with a few other ingredients.

weaveitup said:

Where did you see it? What store? I'm not too found of glycerine, it makes my hair feel icky :barf:

Pookey Loo(sp?) posted a recipe for making rosewater in the recipe section, that I'm going to try one day.

~op~

so1913 said:
I think you MAY be able to find regular rosewater or rosewater/glycerine mixtures at health food stores and The Vitamin Shoppe.

I've only purchased the leave in from Asha's that contains rosewater and glycerine along with a few other ingredients.

Oops! Okay, didn't read all the posts. Thanks!

Glycerine and rosewater is used on the skin as a toner for the skin and also in skincare products.

Glycerine is good for dry skin as it attracts moisture. If you use it in your hair it will attract moisture from the air, so it will keep your hair moist/moiturised.

Most curl activators contain glycerine.

This gives useful info about glycerine http://www.shreeadditives.com/htmlsite/8b.htm

I don't really know much about Rosewater except that it is made from roses boiled (I think) and used as a scent. I'm not to sure about the medicinal properties or its uses and effects.

HTH

Last edited:
Back