ROSEWATER: how come no one else is raving about it!?

Boadicea

Oooooh la la!! My hair had just discovered rosewater! I've been spritzing rosewater on my hair for moisture but only today did I try it for a roller set.

After washing my hair, I towel dried it and then immediately drenched it with rosewater and applied my Salerm 21 as usual and set my hair. After that, I spritzed some more on and then sat under my dryer.

It was extra bouncy, swinging with the slightest turn and so so SO soft! AND scented! And talk about siiiiiilky! And if I'm not mistaken, my curls and waves lasted longer than usual (I comb my sets out a fair amount). I still have a very good amount of bouncy curls and my hair is very thick and full. It doesn't come out looking this good at the salon.

I used to use this stuff on my face all the time and never thought to use it on my hair.

i love it too. great, isn't it? there were many past posts & discussions about it here and i kept one from early last year. that's when i started using it.

I remember Jade 21 raving about it. I thought about purchasing it when I was ordering my Indian products. I wish I had. My hair tends to like what your hair likes, Boadicea. Where do you buy yours from? TIA.

Rosewater w/glycerin sold at Walgreens was all the rage a couple of years ago. The Walgreens store brand was inexpensive so I bought a bottle for spritzing (diluted with spring water)and I remember having good experiences with it. Walgreens has discontinued that item but maybe a search at other drugstores would turn up the same type of product. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've seen it at my local health food store, but I've never purchased it... didn't know quite what to do with it. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif but if it's that good, maybe I should look into it...

/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Interesting.... making note to self /images/graemlins/user.gif

I bought mine at an Indian grocery (Patel Brothers), near my house. I think it was $1.49-99. All I remember from the bottle was that it was made in Pakistan.

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
Rosewater w/glycerin sold at Walgreens was all the rage a couple of years ago. The Walgreens store brand was inexpensive so I bought a bottle for spritzing (diluted with spring water)and I remember having good experiences with it. Walgreens has discontinued that item but maybe a search at other drugstores would turn up the same type of product. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bottle of this stuff. I used it once on my ends while doing a rod set and I remember it making my ends very dry. I used it in the winter and alone, so maybe thats why. I probably would have gotten better results had I mixed it with a moiturizer or used it in the summer.

Yeah Adrienne told me about it about a year ago and I still haven't tried it yet. Sad thing is I have some at home.../images/graemlins/look.gif lol
Boadicea, did yours come with glycerin also?

The rosewater I've purchased has glycerin in it. I purchased it from Walgreens. After this post, I may give it another try.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
I bought mine at an Indian grocery (Patel Brothers), near my house. I think it was $1.49-99. All I remember from the bottle was that it was made in Pakistan.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey that is the same indian grocery store i go to!!

ok i bought rose water but it doesn't have glycerin....... do you think it would be ok if i added some to it? or would it work without it?

Mine doesn't have anything but rose water in it. You can try to add some glycerin, though. If you're not sure how you'll like it, you can wait until you only have a little bit of rose water left and then add some glycerin to it and see how your hair likes it.

I have been getting this at an ethnic food store here. They have bottles of distilled rosewater and orangeblossom, but I have only gotten the Rosewater. I really like it!

rose water is great on my hair too...i also use it as a flavoring for fruit salad.:lick: soooo yummy! Im surprised that alot of ladies have to goto a specialty store to get it.....i buy mine at any grocery store out here in seattle.:yep::spinning:

I love rosewater. I use it alone as a toner. I mix it with glycerin and use it as a body moisturizer, and as a hair moisturizer. This is my best beauty discovery to date. I can get mine anywhere, but ladies having difficulty should try an Indian grocery store. It's used for religious ceremonies, so you can get a large bottle for a good price.

Dammmnn I was in the BSS yesterday and looked hard at the Rosewater and carried on walking. I knew I should have picked some up! Arrgghhh! :mad:

I ordered some Rosewater last week and it should be here today. I knew that I'd be spritzing it on my NG to keep it manageable, but I might try it for my weekly rollersets instead of just water.

Shy, where did you order from? I was really trying to avoid more online products, but I don't think I can find it in the store. My other option was to make it.

I've read just spritz it on. Others things I read on it was mixing with a little glycerin-but some didn't like it (winter), mix with spring water, and aloe vera juice (just read that on Traycee from KISS blog).

Back