Rollersetting without washing

Shakeena

Hi ladies. I would just like to know if anyone else has done this. This morning, I cowashed, but I was returning home after a weekend trip so I just bunned it and let it airdry in a bun. I really wanted to rollerset but of course, I did not have the time or the supplies with me to do that.

I would like to rollerset it now, but without washing all over again. I'm 15 weeks post and I want to straighten it without flatironing. So, I am trying to figure out a way to wet it without shampooing it to rollerset it. (i.e., putting water or something else on it to dampen it and then set it).

Has anyone else tried this, if so, what did you use & what were your results? Thanks in advance for your help.

i've done this. i washed and conditioned my hair, put it up in a bun and let it air dry. then i went out during the day, came back home in the evening, wet my hair in the shower to loosen the curl, and then set my hair, sat under the dryer as per usual.

it's totally fine to do. at least i had good results with it. it's just a long pause between washing and setting. ;-)

you could also probably just spritz your hair with enough water to get it wet, and then set it if you don't want to hop in the shower again.

If you just washed this morning your hair should still be clean, just use a spray bottle and wet your hair and add your leave ins and set. You shouldn't have any trouble.

I've done it plenty of times.

Thanks ladies! I am going to get a spray bottle from Wal-Mart right now! Much easier than trying to totally rewash my hair & much more effective than a dry rollerset. I appreciate the advice!

i've done this once. I was about 24 weeks post but I had TONS of body and volume because I used the grey rollers. I just used a spray bottle to re-wet the hair. Good luck!

Thanks SouthernDimps! I have not come across any grey rollers or roller that size yet, but hopefully my biggest ones will give me some volume!

I agree with the suggestions given. Also, invest in some Caruso Steam Rollers. The steam is healthy for the hair and can give you a quick set when you are short on time and tools.

Back