Rollersetting Video

Missi

i made a rollersetting video: excuse the unprofessionalism: u sound different on a recorder: so my voice says a little winey: but its nothin u couldn't bare 2 hear: hope u enjoy:

also: it's in two videos due to the amount of time I had on the memory and internal memory so I only got the mohawk and one side: below is the link to the video: and below is the pic of the other side finished.

http://divinetresses.squarespace.com/divinetress-tutorials/rollersetting-tutorials.html

Me003-vi.jpg

Me003-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Cool video! :grin:

Hey, my name is Tammy, too. :)

Question, I personally would have put more of the leave in on. Do you think that would be too much? I would have used one more application of about the same amount you used.

I just cannot clip the clips to keep the rollers in tightly!! :wallbash:

You make it seem so easy!! There must be something I am doing wrong.

Edited to add: Maybe it is the rolling UP that would help. I always rolls UNDER and DOWN.

Last edited:
Oh How cool: us tammies gotta stick together lol: i use more leave in as well: i just so happened to run out on the video: hahaha. um: i roll up cuz its easier and I hear it dries better that way:

also if its not pulled tightly: don't worry cuz the leave in makes ur hair soft anyway: so once u wrap it: its flatens out or you can blow ur roots out to make it straight.

its a win win situation

Oh!!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I'm in braids now, but I will watch the video and study it (and Macherie's too:grin:) so that when I get my next relaxer, it will be easy.

Oh!!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I'm in braids now, but I will watch the video and study it (and Macherie's too:grin:) so that when I get my next relaxer, it will be easy.

i kno: i can't wait for Macheri's video: its always the easiest right after a relaxer: lol

Aww thank you, Tammie!!:kiss: Im gonna try the reverse rollerset that you displayed. Mine never turns out that great.:ohwell:

Great job! I always roll back but I think the next time I will try it your way! Thanks for sharing.

I will try this...I have always rolled under, but I think I'd like to try rolling it upwards...maybe I'll have more success..Thanks!

What a GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing. My sets never seem to be this easy. I'm texturized.

Is Lacio a great leave in?

Thanks for taking the time to do a video. I am going to start getting into rollersetting and had a lot of questions that your video answered.

What a GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing. My sets never seem to be this easy. I'm texturized.

Is Lacio a great leave in?

IMO: its the best: u'll have to ask a natural hair person if they are able to glide a comb thru their hair using Lacio.

That was a very nice tutorial.. I only wished there was a picture of the finished product once the hair dried..

1st pic: is my hair after I took out the rollers usin Lacio:
2nd pic: is my sis hair un-wrapped after a rollerset usin lacio:

20070525013-vi.jpg

Cheezits002-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Your sis's hair turned out fabulous!:yep: It looks so shiny and healthy. Imma have to get some Lacio Lacio...I just wish it wasnt so hard to get a hold of.:ohwell:

excellent video! i've done my own roller set twice but they're not as neat as yours. my hair is short but i use pretty large rollers (it takes me so long as it is) and it turns out pretty nice but i always saran wrap afterwards. i'm going to try to roll over next time and see how it works! thanks again!

your welcome ladies: i hope yall can understand it and see it clearly: also: if u search on youtube: they have lots of more videos on other hair stuff as well: like bunning and how to wrap ethnic hair while its wet: if u need any more pics: like comparison shots just let me kno

Great video! I'm going to start rollersetting my hair next weekend after I get a relaxer and this video is very helpful. Thanks :)

Thank you soooooooo much, Missi. This is awesome. I suck at rollersetting, which is why I don't do it more often. I'm going to try this method of rolling the rollers upward instead of downward. Is that the "reverse rollersetting" that I've heard everyone talk about?

Thank you soooooooo much, Missi. This is awesome. I suck at rollersetting, which is why I don't do it more often. I'm going to try this method of rolling the rollers upward instead of downward. Is that the "reverse rollersetting" that I've heard everyone talk about?

yes'mam....

Great video. I will watch before I try to rollerset again. Thanks for makeing and sharing. Do you order your Lacio Lacio off line or buy it from a beauty supply store? Do you have any other dominican products that you use.

yes'mam....

A-ha! Well I can't thank you enough for the visual, chica.

:bighug:

By the way: do you have any pics of how it turned out (once the rollers are out)? I'm just wondering how the curls ended up laying.

This is a great video! I thought it was interesting how you use 2 clips per rollers, I'll have to try that. I think that would def give me more tension. I also like how you lay the ends on the rollers.

I recognize that comb from Hairsense. You seriously have me wanting to get one... :user: :laugh:

Back