rollersetting straight roots without heat

Evolving78

i was wondering is there a way to get your roots really straight without using heat when rollersetting. I have to admit that my hair kept drying out when i was rollersetting my hair for the first time. I was trying to keep it wet, but I don't have a spray bottle at the momment. I am really trying to find a way to style my hair without using my flat iron. Any suggestions?

Since your hair is ear length I would suggest using the yellow rollers or black ones with the snap tops. The snap tops will straight out the very roots and then you can wrap it to get that smooth look. U can also try Extend-A-Perm which soften and loosens the curl.

thanks for the response. will my curls be tighter with the yellow or black rollers? there is a picture of the rollerset that I've done in my fotki under "2007 hair styles". Can you take a peek and tell me if those sizes rollers will be suitable?

I wanted to leave a comment but I couldn't... your rollerset is tooo cute!!

But I use the series of magnetic rollers that go Black, Gray, Purple, Red, Turquoise.... and so on. If I was doing your hair I would use the green ones.

Also, a way some ladies straighten their roots is to roll the hair upwards... but I think with your lenght it would end up making a flip.

This just gave me a new idea though.. Roll the front and crown upwards to straighten the roots & have flips on the top and the rest underwards (normal) for fullness and body. :scratchch

Macherieamour has a GREAT rollersetting tutorial.
To get my hair straighter I completely saturate the section w/ water before rolling, seal the ends and use end papers.

HTH!

This week I used serum (like Macherie suggested) and my rollerset has turned out the best since I started years ago. So I suggest going to her tutorial.

Thanks ladies for the compliments and the advice! I will get a spray bottle as soon as possible so the next time I do this my hair won't dry out. Thanks again!

Can this ever be done on natural hair? because that is exactly what I want to have do on my hair but as far as my efforts go I have not been able to perfect it.

Back