Rollerset Drama -_-

Niapb

I'm so upset. I JUST deep conditioned my hair and it felt AMAZING, so I decided to roller set instead of my usual flat iron. I just rollerset my 4a hair, I used only water and aphogee keratin and green tea, and sat under my dryer for an hour and a half, and when I came out my curls were nice but when I ran my hand through my hair it was dry brittle and breaking. What did I do wrong?

When I rollerset I use a leave in conditioner and some type of serum. I spritz each section with water and my hair is always soft. Hope that helps.

I'm new to the roller setting game but I have always used a creamy leave on my hair. I'm not sure of what you should do because I am still learning about these things myself.

Aphogee green tea makes your hair hard when you use heat. I use it like that with my flat iron. It give great shine that way and since it's protein I feel like it's an extra coating to protect my hair, but it's crunchy and I run my hands through it and it get soft and silky again.

It was probably the Aphogee, maybe use a serum or water and conditioner mix next time. A little goes a long way for a nice bouncy set.

Yeah sounds like the products were the problem... before I started using lacio lacio leave-in and serum I had the same problem.

Use a creamy, moisturizing leave-in. If you must, add a dab of oil to it as you emulsify it in your hand before rubbing it onto each section.

Back