Rollerset Breakage?? Try Prof Breakfree

SelfStyled

Just wanted to share how I cut down my breakage to almost nothing with my roller set last night.

I Dc'd on Dry Hair with Castor Oil+Aloe Vera Cholesterol+Silicon Mix for 3 hours with a cap(no heat).

Poo'd with Organix Tea Tree Mint followed with the same conditioner. Not sure how much I liked these, but that's a whole other story.

I combined Giovanni Direct+ Profectiv Breakfree and a little serum and then rolleserset, with my mesh rollers. After 15 min under the dryer I loosened the rollers so they were not tight and then got back under for another 30 min.

Put some coconut oil on, did a saran, and oh my goodnes, my 7 weeks post hair was swangin, and my hair usually does not swang:look:.

I had virtually no breakage only shed hair. The only thing that I did different was incorporate the GD Direct and the Breakfree, I ususally use different leave ins. I am attributing the reduced breakage to the Breakfree, but maybe it was the GD direct who knows? All I know is it was a first for me:yep:.

I have 4a/b hair btw, HTH someone out there.

Oh man, Self Styled!!!!

You are so on time with this! I have been experimenting with the Profectiv Breakfree and redken anti-snap (right after co-washes) for a few weeks now and I am so pleased with how my hair has less breakage. My ends are getting stronger and I am so excited:woot:.

I have been using the Breakfree on my ends mixed with NTM and then sealing with EVOO and coconut. Great results!!!

Oh man, Self Styled!!!!

You are so on time with this! I have been experimenting with the Profectiv Breakfree and redken anti-snap (right after co-washes) for a few weeks now and I am so pleased with how my hair has less breakage. My ends are getting stronger and I am so excited:woot:.

I have been using the Breakfree on my ends mixed with NTM and then sealing with EVOO and coconut. Great results!!!
:lick: that sounds like such a nice combo, your ends must be lovin' that TLC.

It's a liitle jar of pink loveliness:spinning:

I always get rollerset breakge ever since I stopped using Salerm 21 as a leave-in. I rollerset my own hair now and Salerm always makes my hair a little hard to detangle when it dries into the hair. For some reason, the Salerm curbed the breakage. I would take my rollers out, and there would be maybe 3loose strands in all.

Don't think I'm trying to burst your bubble, but are you sure its the Profectiv Breakfree and not the Giovanni? I've used both products and I think its the Giovanni. THis week I went back to Giovanni Direct Leave-in after La Bomba Leave-in had my hair dry and breaking. I couldn't believe the moisture and how quickly breakage stopped when I swiped a K-Cutter through my damp hair. Don't think I'm trying to discredit you, but I thought I was crazy that we had the same experience this week with the same product. this is the one you're talking about right?
breakfreelrg.jpg

Don't think I'm trying to burst your bubble, but are you sure its the Profectiv Breakfree and not the Giovanni? I've used both products and I think its the Giovanni. THis week I went back to Giovanni Direct Leave-in after La Bomba Leave-in had my hair dry and breaking. I couldn't believe the moisture and how quickly breakage stopped when I swiped a K-Cutter through my damp hair. Don't think I'm trying to discredit you, but I thought I was crazy that we had the same experience this week with the same product. this is the one you're talking about right?
breakfreelrg.jpg

Yup that is the very one:yep:. I don't feel discredited at all, it could be the GD- who knows? Looks like the GD is a keeper though- I so love finding new staples. Now I'm going to have to expirement w/o the BF to see if that makes a difference:drunk:

Yup that is the very one:yep:. I don't feel discredited at all, it could be the GD- who knows? Looks like the GD is a keeper though- I so love finding new staples. Now I'm going to have to expirement w/o the BF to see if that makes a difference:drunk:

try the BF on its own without the GD (next time you wash) and then let me know by bumping this thread. I would really like to see if it works as well as you say. I've used the healthy ends and the original cream, but never got those sort of results.

Back