Roller Setting - HELP, What Do U Use?

RollerSet Formula

• my leave in and heat protectant are fine

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • serum/water mix before or after the leave in! (AND WHEN, B4 or AFTER?)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • serum and water mix and not the leave-in and heat protectant ( PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD SERUM)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MsMontoute

Hi Ladies,

OK….so I am about to endeavor to learn/start roller-setting my hair WET after co-wash/deep condition it 2X a week. I normally roller set my MOISTURIZED, but DRY hair nightly under a satin cap so I figured that this would not be too much of a stretch, but the wet hair and magnetic rollers and pins make me a wee bit nervous…LOL :look:

Normally, I would apply my leave-in and then with a heat protectant before I would do a air/blow dry combination. I have read that some people apply a serum/water mixer to roller set. Now my question is do I roller set with:

a) my leave in and heat protectant and continue as usual!
b) do I add the serum/water mix before or after the leave in! (AND WHEN, B4 or AFTER?)
c) just do the serum and water mix and not the leave-in and heat protectant ( PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD SERUM THAT I CAN FIND AT SALLY’S…LOL I am too poor now after getting my MT and OCT…this is my last product purchase until I am all out…LOL) :lachen:

Last edited:
Let's see... *runs to hair product shrine*

Since my hair is wet when I start, I use Giovanni direct as my leave-in and apply my serum (the one from Sally's that's supposed to be like Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum).

As I go on, my hair starts getting dryer, so I just spray it with an aloe, glycerin, and water mix. The ratio I use is about
4 oz. aloe vera juice [Lily of the Desert brand]
2 oz. glycerin [Frontier Natural Flavor vegetable glycerin]
1-2 oz. of water.

Hope it helps!

Well, I've had some experience rollersetting, so I'll try to help. I use a tiny bit of NTM silk touch or Fermodyl 619 as a leave-in, and seal with the tiniest bit of oil (jojoba's great). I use plain water or water mixed with another vial of fermodyl as a setting lotion, and voila!

Hey lady, I use Kera Care setting lotion. It leaves your hair feeling so silky, but it's expensive. When I don't use that I am using QP Elasta Design lotion that gives my hair a nice feel. My hair regimen is still under construction. I just got some Lacio Lacio leave in, so that is on my new product list. I normally use cream of nature leave in along with either setting lotion. I use magnetic rollers with the clamps. I roll my hair sideways so that I can get the spiral effect. I love it. It only takes about 25 minutes to roll it and then I sit under the dryer about 30 minutes on low heat and let it dry through the night. When it starts to get old (pikistrip photo) I pin it in the front with clips, put on head bands, and use combs. I normally only roll it on the first and second day depending on what I am doing during the week. I sleep with a satin bonnet on if I don't feel like rolling it anymore. HTH, Silkydreamgirl

On soaking wet hair, I apply my leave in and top with a serum.

The only thing in my water bottle is water. Sometimes I'll add SAA to the water :yep:

Back