Roller Setters - Tell Me What Dryer to Buy

wyldcurlz

i might try roller setting (after slightly being convinced that they may do less damage than flat ironing) but i need a good dryer that gets hot. i hear a lot about pibbs dryers....

what ones do you like...and why?

I got one made by Pebco it's 2200 watts off of ebay for 140 and I absolutely love it.. looks just like a pibbs as far as I can tell.

I have a Hot Tools Tourmaline Rollaround dryer and I love it! Got it for 99 bucks :yep:

Depends on your budget. I got a wack Gold 'N Hot hood dryer and it is broken after only 4 months, so I would NOT suggest that one. When I buy a new one, I will invest in higher quality.

I have had my gold n hot for over 5 years and I love it.

GNH19271_med.gif

I haven't had any problems and it still get's hella hot. I think I got it from Sally's with a coupon for less than 30.00.

I have had my gold n hot for over 5 years and I love it.

GNH19271_med.gif

I haven't had any problems and it still get's hella hot. I think I got it from Sally's with a coupon for less than 30.00.

How often do you use it? I paid $40.00 for mine and I used it 1-2 times a week for rollersets and deep conditioning. I was very careful with it, too.

How often do you use it? I paid $40.00 for mine and I used it 1-2 times a week for rollersets and deep conditioning. I was very careful with it, too.
I use mine weekly.
It's been dropped, fallen off the bed and everything. And my youngest thought the slats were a bank, so there are a couple of coins rattling around in there too!:lachen:
I know that all products don't work the same for everybody...Maybe I just lucked up...

My vote goes to the Pibbs. I got mine a little over a year ago and I love it. Doing my hair at home has saved me so much money!

I use the Ion soft bonnet dryer

dryer.jpg

I love it.

Wow, this is the most interesting dryer I've ever seen!

I'm gonna have to go with the Pibbs. It puts all the other tabletop dryers I've used to rest. I truly believe it pays for itself. :yep: Complete review in my siggy.

I use mine weekly.
It's been dropped, fallen off the bed and everything. And my youngest thought the slats were a bank, so there are a couple of coins rattling around in there too!:lachen:
I know that all products don't work the same for everybody...Maybe I just lucked up...

Oh wow! :lachen:You're probably right. I usually like tools by Gold 'N Hot.

I use mine weekly.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I use mine weekly.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I use the Ion soft bonnet dryer

dryer.jpg

I love it.
I have this dryer and it is amaazing!!! I bought it after all the raves here and on peoples fotkis. A girl on this site has a pibbs (i believe) or another salon quality expensive dryer and decided to sell it after buying this soft bonnet.

The highest setting is too hot for me but the warm setting gets my sets dry in just under an hour.

I use mine weekly.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I really want a pibbs but just can't justify spending that type of money on something I may use a couple of times a year.

I have this dryer and it is amaazing!!! I bought it after all the raves here and on peoples fotkis. A girl on this site has a pibbs (i believe) or another salon quality expensive dryer and decided to sell it after buying this soft bonnet.

The highest setting is too hot for me but the warm setting gets my sets dry in just under an hour.

An hour??!!! Are you serious? And your hair looks to be longer and thicker than mine. It takes me 2+ hours.

An hour??!!! Are you serious? And your hair looks to be longer and thicker than mine. It takes me 2+ hours.
Yep I love it! Btw your hair is definitely thicker from the look of your pics. Do you use the hottest setting? I find it too hot for me.

Yep I love it! Btw your hair is definitely thicker from the look of your pics. Do you use the hottest setting? I find it too hot for me.

I use the hottest setting and wrap a towel around the back of my neck. It gets hot. When I take the rollers out, if some are still a little damp I get back under there and use the warm setting. Without the rollers as a barrier the hottest setting would burn my scalp.

what is the exact name for this Ion soft bonnet dryer?? when i tried to look for it , it just brought up all the other regular soft bonnet dryers. not this crazy looking one.

Yes, please share because this might be my next purchase :yep:.

what is the exact name for this Ion soft bonnet dryer?? when i tried to look for it , it just brought up all the other regular soft bonnet dryers. not this crazy looking one.
Gold n Hot Soft Bonnet ionic dryer.

The only place I found that sell it now is bluebeez.com (apart from ebay as it is sold out everywhere and the company replaced this with a new one). Bluebeez also have an amazon store so you can order it from there or on their website.

I ordered mine on a thursday night and it came the next day.

ETA. http://www.bluebeez.com/goods_detail.php?gid=1152&cid=91

Gold n Hot Soft Bonnet ionic dryer.

The only place I found that sell it now is bluebeez.com (apart from ebay as it is sold out everywhere and the company replaced this with a new one). Bluebeez also have an amazon store so you can order it from there or on their website.

I ordered mine on a thursday night and it came the next day.

I've been thinking about ordering maybe 2 more, it looks like they may discontinue these dryers.

Back