Roller Set

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should use larger rollers next time. I use the grey ones mostly and started using one large black one at the crown. I then use like 3 purple ones at the front. As a result, the ends stay curled slightly, but the rest is straight.

Also, do you have NG? If so, perhaps it needs to be flat ironed to lessen the bulk.

I'm going to try bigger curlers next time. I'm not going to give up!! :) I ended up flat ironing it after I took the wrap down. I dont think that was a good idea. I think I ended up burning some of my ends. :( Is there any way to fix that? Or is my only option to trim it off?

And is the term NG (new growth) used with naturals?? I dont have a perm. But my hair is growing (I can see that I need to have my streaks redone lol).

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
anyone use heat protectant for roller setting?

I'm planning to try my first set on natural hair and I have a bottle of nexxus heat protection.

not sure If I should try that or wait and buy something else??

anyone use heat protectant for roller setting?

I'm planning to try my first set on natural hair and I have a bottle of nexxus heat protection.

not sure If I should try that or wait and buy something else??

@ bolded: I do out of habit. I spray my hair with my Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector, I don't spray each piece of hair while I rollerset.

I don't even know what a setting lotion is? Can someone enlighten me? :o

After my leave-in, I just use serum (Biosilk Silk Therapy or CHI Silk Infusion) and a spray bottle filled with water to keep in moist :o :o

I don't even know what a setting lotion is? Can someone enlighten me? :o

After my leave-in, I just use serum (Biosilk Silk Therapy or CHI Silk Infusion) and a spray bottle filled with water to keep in moist :o :o

Here's a popular one that my mother lives by.

Roux_lottabody_hair_setting_styling_lotion_main_image.jpg

It's used for... "wet setting, blow styling or waving natural or relaxed hair. Dries fast. Won't flake. Bonds to hair to help overcome porosity and seal split ends. Creates firm hold, yet is still easy to comb. Gives hair fabulous body and shine. Curls are well defined and full of body. Hair is shiny and remembers the set longer..."

This specific type must be diluted with water. It's straight, I guess, but leave-in, serum and water works way better for me too.

Back