Robin's twist

Teva

Robin\'s twist

I just got to see another page on Robin's hair link. She shows how to wash hair with large twist. I wondered two things. Does anyone here wash their hair this way. Also what do you think of how short her hair appears in that clip?
http://www.growafrohairlong.com/qanda.html

Also not to be a sceptic but does anyone notice that the frontal shots appear alot longer than the picture of her hair from behind? The pictures of her hair from the front seem more at the hip bone. The picture of her hair from behind seems just at wait length.

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/about.html

anyone else notice?

Re: Robin\'s twist

that doesnt look like her to me....the person in that video seems to have more of a natural hair texture rather than a relaxed hair texture....i dont know tho....

yes I was thinking the same with you but look at the dress. It is the same dress in the other pictures. It does look like natural hair but it's not. It's Robin herself.

[ QUOTE ]
Teva said:
Also not to be a sceptic but does anyone notice that the frontal shots appear alot longer than the picture of her hair from behind? The pictures of her hair from the front seem more at the hip bone. The picture of her hair from behind seems just at wait length.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, you're right.
scratchchin.gif
I never noticed that before. But then again she looks like she is sitting down in the frontal shots. If your posture is not correct, it will pull the length down a bit. Her arms are also raised in the back shots which draws the length up. At least that is what I deducted from examining the picture more.

Remember Robin's hair is not relaxed completely straight. So therefore she still suffers from shrinkage. I now this because my hair is not relaxed completely and the shrinkage is quite noticeable. I am sure once it is blowdryed or flat ironed it will stretch to its full length.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I wash my hair in two sections. I keep one side in a clip while I work on the other side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know. It sounds like a good idear to do, especially with very thick hair. It should help alot with tangles.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Remember Robin's hair is not relaxed completely straight. So therefore she still suffers from shrinkage. I now this because my hair is not relaxed completely and the shrinkage is quite noticeable. I am sure once it is blowdryed or flat ironed it will stretch to its full length.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is discouraging to know that there is still alot of shrinkage even with a relaxer. The shrinkage is one factor that frustrates me with my hair.

Robin didn't comb the relaxer through her hair, and left it on for a shorter time, which is why her hair has a lot shrinkage and appears more natural looking (the twists photo), she has 4a/4b hair too, so I can understand, why her hair looks shorter.

I agree I'm relaxed but I still get shrinkage and esp. if I have any signs of newgrowth. If I do bantu knots on wet hair and let it dry in the knots when I take the knots out my hair draws up to my ears and chin length!
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Teva said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It is discouraging to know that there is still alot of shrinkage even with a relaxer. The shrinkage is one factor that frustrates me with my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teva, this only happens when you don't completely relax your hair. If it is relaxed bone straight, this problem doesn't occur.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Teva said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Teva, this only happens when you don't completely relax your hair. If it is relaxed bone straight, this problem doesn't occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. This also increases the risk of shedding when it comes time to retouch, especially if your hair is very tightly curled.

I think also since her hair is braided makes it look shorter. My hair is a little bit past my shoulder but when I put it up in twist it is directly on my shoulder and it gets shorter than that when it is wet. But all in all, that is a good hair tip that I will definately try. I think she has a lot of knowledge on hair. She needs to write a book.

[ QUOTE ]
Teva said:

anyone else notice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pictures had me confused for a while too. but if you read the caption above the pictures she demonstrating how she removes her hair from the extensions. And of course the extensions would be longer than her own real hair. I assume the section of hair that she streched out in the back was the result of her own hair removed from the extension braid. i could be wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:
[ QUOTE ]
Teva said:

anyone else notice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pictures had me confused for a while too. but if you read the caption above the pictures she demonstrating how she removes her hair from the extensions. And of course the extensions would be longer than her own real hair. I assume the section of hair that she streched out in the back was the result of her own hair removed from the extension braid. i could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the section of hair she showed was her own. But again because it was just removed from a braided it would not be it's full length.

I understand that the braids would look a bit shorter but they look very short. I hate to think that after all the growth she still needs heat to show her real length.

Man its dicouraging!

Anyway her hair is nice and the information she gives is helpful.

[ QUOTE ]
Pookie25 said: I think she has a lot of knowledge on hair. She needs to write a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robin has personally sent an email, informing me of a book she is currently in the process of writing. Hopefully, it will be completed in the near future. I may contact her about this.

Hello Teva,
Thanks for the compliment, usually after I wash and condition, my sister applies castor oil to sections of hair, ensuring that the hair is braided firmly, it is left to air dry naturally. Just before styling I take out the braids, which results in softer and much looser kinks, thus reducing shrinkage, However, I'm thinking of texturising next year, I still get too much shrinkage.

Thanks den1. Do you wear your hair in a braid out or do you do this to rebraid your hair?

You know, I'm thinking of texturizing too...my hair has only been fully natural for almost 2 years and it's only 7-12 inches but goodness, the shrinkage etc.- I'd like to cut down on it...
Let me/us know if you decide to go through with it den1!

yes me to I want to texturize. I am half natural and half relaxed. I want to texturize too. Someone said that if you use half relaxer and half conditioner you can get a good texturized look without drying the hair out.

what is the differnce with a texturizer and underprocessed hair?

Teva, I don't wear braid-outs, my hairdresser just braids all my hair in cornrows, twists, bantu knots etc, I leave them in anywhere from 4-8 weeks, at a time, plus I still wash and condition my hair once a week, sometimes I do daily rinses.

Hello BahamaMama, once I've completed research in texturising processes, and find a good hairdresser, I'm definitely going through with it, I'm a little nervous because I've never put a chemical in hair in my entire life, but I think it would be worthwhile, I get too many tiny knots on strands, tangles which causes more hair loss, I need manageability and less shrinkage, I don't like having straight hair it looks too flat on me. A texturized style still gives me a natural look even though, it is a chemical treatment, I hope none of the other naturals are reading this, they'll kill me.....
whip.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Robin has personally sent an email, informing me of a book she is currently in the process of writing.

[/ QUOTE ]

clap.gif

Keep us posted! I would love to have a book by Robin.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
clap.gif
Keep us posted! I would love to have a book by Robin.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be sure to do so
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
Hello BahamaMama, once I've completed research in texturising processes, and find a good hairdresser, I'm definitely going through with it, I'm a little nervous because I've never put a chemical in hair in my entire life, but I think it would be worthwhile, I get too many tiny knots on strands, tangles which causes more hair loss, I need manageability and less shrinkage, I don't like having straight hair it looks too flat on me. A texturized style still gives me a natural look even though, it is a chemical treatment, I hope none of the other naturals are reading this, they'll kill me.....
whip.gif
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure if you do it will be beautiful long and thick like Robin's hair. Go for it!

Teva, thanks for the vote of confidence, that is a very positive thing to say, I'm smiling now
kiss.gif
wink.gif

Denise,

I just looked at your photos, and your hair looks extremely healthy! Your cornrows are beautiful!

Thanks for the compliments Longhairgoal, I make sure I don't use any heat in my hair. I've just browsed through your album, your hair is very beautiful and shiny, are you natural or relaxed? I love the curls and you are really pretty
smile.gif

Back